Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Someone memed Indie

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GChiu, Aug 15, 2014.

1. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Funny things you find on the internet... I was browsing in a private group in Facebook and saw a funny photo of a sheltie trying to get a peek through the bathroom door. Well, it was a photo of my Indie! I had posted that photo to Sheltie Nation in 2012.

I wish I could post the full Facebook link here, but I don't think I can. So, I made a screenshot of it :smile2:.

2. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    That's just odd...very cute photo though!

3. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Haha, how cute! ....and accurate.

4. BusyBee

BusyBee Forums Novice

Sep 15, 2012
    MA
    Yes.. very cute and very true for sure :lol:

5. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    You will find people will take pictures and use them without your permission. I had that happen on FB a couple of times. One time a picture was cropped and added to Pedigreelines for my Hamish. The woman who posted did eventually remove it but posted that owner refused to have picture posted. She was reported to FB for theft of a picture and also to Pedigreelines, who graciously removed the comment and transferred Hamish over to me.

It is a cute picture but it takes you back. Anything I post in a group or on my page what shows the dogs gets watermarked - my initials and year across the picture.

6. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Is anyone here familiar with the confession bear meme? I think we need the confession sheltie meme started. What strange, crazy, silly things do we do to, for or because of these balls of fluff?

And similarly what crazy, silly, naughty things do our shelties have to confess to?

7. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Weird! On a cooking forum I used to frequent, a woman took gorgeous photos of her dishes, and she often learned they were stolen for other blogs etc. She didn't mind people using her pics, only wanted to be linked when they were used, almost nobody did even that.

But it is a really good pic you know! I've seen similar views in my own bathroom :biggrin2:

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    That's a great idea, must remember to do it next time I post pics. I remember a couple of years ago one of the members here had their sheltie puppy's pic used by a dodgy person selling a puppy.

9. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    wow! I actually saw that meme on facebook!

10. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    Whenever this topics pops up at SN, I get a bit of a chuckle (it isn't funny, more ironic). Shortly after I joined SN, I entered a thread about members posting other's photos here w/o permission. The thread was full of "it's OK if" comments. Having been involved in several DMCA copyright complaint filings, I can say with a degree of certainty: "If you didn't shoot it, ya can't LEGALLY use it in any way w/o owner permission (there ARE a very few exceptions). The problem is that remedies are tied to damages which are difficult to prove.