Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

BEWARE!! DANGER!!!! Doggie moms and dads!!

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by Sheltiemama, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    This post was made on Wed on FB but I just realized it did NOT get put on here!!

I posted on Facebook that I had ordered some Frontline Plus from petcaresupplies.com and gotten a good price.

Came today and I put some on my little Sheltie, Max, who has had Frontline Plus applied every month for the 3 years we've had him. Within 5 minutes, he was having a reaction and we were off to the vet just a few minutes later. He got a shot of Benedryl to counteract whatever this had in it that the normal Frontline doesn't have.

It says on the front of the package in VERY tiny letters........Africa. And it was shipped from outside the US but WHERE was not anywhere on the box.

So be aware of where you're buying from online! I thought I had bought from this company before but obviously I was wrong.

I think we'll just be paying more and buying locally so I know what poor little Max will have on his back!

2. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Scary - thanks so much for sharing!

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Oh my gosh. That is REALLY scary. I am glad Max is OK.

Please pursue this with the company and/or give a negative review to warn others.

4. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Oh no!! That must have been so scary. I'm glad Max is ok and will heed your warning to only buy from a trusted source. Right now we get it Through Amazon and have not had any problems.

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm so glad Max is OK! How fortunate that you were there and saw the reaction and were able to get him treated right away.

I get mine from Amazon too and have learned to always check the box for where it originated and anything unusual. I learned this after I was surprised to get some Interceptor a while back from Singapore when I ordered it online during the shortage.

We have to check everything these days! :hide

6. Sheltiemama

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    We sure do, Ann.

The company has responded and told me to return the 11 unused doses and they would refund me for those.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I did order heartworm meds from a Canadian company, but it came from Singapore, too. I'm not taking the risk -- I buy from my vet, period.

8. Sheltiemama

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    That will be us from now on!

9. scottanddeb

scottanddeb Forums Enthusiast

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    suspect frontline plus

hi; haven't checked into SN for awhile..glad i did....this post is very important..thanks for the heads up! We get our frontline plus from www.entirelypets.com....made in France...by Merial ltd (duluth, GA)...we assume that's legit?

10. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    I've heard of these issues before. I only buy prescription meds from our vet.