Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Birch-6.5months

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Justicemom, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Birch is doing great. He has graduated from his beginners obedience class and his puppy agility class. I need to brag, he had the best start line stay in the class. Break is his favorite word I think. He has no fear and loves to slam the tippy board. We are moving on to more obedience classes until he gets older for agility. He needs a lot of work in obedience mostly heeling as he thinks he needs to swing around in front of me but he has the basics down. If he was just was just going to be a pet, we would be golden. :smile2:

He really starting to fill out. He is not overtly fluffy but I can tell he is getting his big coat as his butt is looking bigger and his tail is getting some proof to it.

I have no idea how big he is, I stopped measuring for the time being. He doesn't look any bigger to me than he did a couple weeks go, though people keep telling me he has grown.:mad: I guess I have gotten used to giant sheltie.:lol:

We took a few pictures to remember this beautiful spring day. Hope you like them. The first one is perfect Birch, the second is bad Birch "I think I am going to break this stay"(he didn't but it was close). Looking at these pictures it is really time to trim he ears. They look huge!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    What a cutie! I just love his expression and could get lost in the colors... :McDreamy: is what I will call him!

3. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

He is McDreamy!!! He was a gorgeous pup and he is gorgeous now! :cool:

4. DPSheltie

DPSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2010
    Bristol, CT

Mmmm...I agree!!! Birch is stunning. I absolutely love him. And just think..smart, responsive, AND good looking....yup, he's perfect. :biggrin2:

5. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    he is a real beauty. i love his markings and colors are outstanding. the silvery blue, beauty beauty

6. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Thanks I love his color. His blue is turning into a very dark steel blue with very distinct roaning with so far no hint of rust. I love it. Not a color you see alot in our blues anymore. He is definitely alot darker than Ember. I can't wait to see how his adult coat turns out.

7. sheltieluvr6

sheltieluvr6 Forums Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2011
    California
    I have to agree with everyone, he is one handsome boy! By the sounds of it, he sounds like best all-around dog too. I expect to hear great accomplishes from this one :yes:

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    So handsome! And I love those "giant" ears!! :biggrin2:

9. BB's_Shelties

BB's_Shelties Forums Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    NH
  10. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Wow he is really stunning! :) You guys are off to a good start for agility, the picture says it all with the focus look he has in anticipation to ear his ''break''!