Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I want my dogs life...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Shelby's mom, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    I have been home from work the past few days due to the loss of my grandmother. DH still had to work so it is just me and Shelby. Let me tell you she has the most relaxing life ever!!! The weather is perfect so we took a nice walk in the morning and the rest of the day all she wants to do is lay outside in the shade. So that's what she has been doing all day long!!! She doesn't even care to play much other than a few throws of the frisbee. She is perfectly content to just lay looking through the fence a and chasing the trains when they go by.

Fortunately it is perfect now that all the neighborhood kids are back in school so there is nothing to distract her. So since she wants to do nothing I guess I will continue to also relax and read my book.

Awwwwhhhh the life of a Sheltie. :smile2:

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I like to say that my dog lives better than 99% of the world's people!

of course, Gavin deserves it :D But it is a pretty sweet life..

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I agree....if I'm going to be reincarted....I want to come back as as one of my store cats or one of my dogs! They have a great life!

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Hey, when you think about it, we gave them that life!:wink2: I feel HONORED to have served and traind by 7 beautiful shelties. Enjoy the rest of your time living the good life!:biggrin2:

5. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I would LOVE to have my sheltie's lives. Sleep when they want, all the water to drink, don't have to pay for anything, comfy beds both dog and human sizes and a couch! They cry, I take them out. They cry, I feed them... ohhhh the life. I would also LOVE to run Agility as a dog. AWESOME course!

6. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    When my first sheltie passed away, and my mom posted about it on Facebook, one of our long-time family friends posted something that really tickled me. She said "I want to be a lastname dog. She got to live a great life in a fun house full of people who loved her!"

Sometimes I wonder if our dogs know how good they've got it. I look at Missy and I'm like, "you are so spoiled, and you don't even know it." Especially the dogs that we've had since they were puppies and never been in a shelter.

7. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    I guess I would settle for my dog's life, as long as I didn't eat poop or drink out of the toilet, or get taken to the vet to be neutered. Then again, if I were a dog, I probably wouldn't worry about those things!