Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by DarcyDog, Mar 12, 2014.

1. DarcyDog

DarcyDog Forums Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm new here. I found this site when I was looking for information on dealing with the loss of a pet. My Sheltie, Darcy, passed away on Monday. It's been so hard, and yet I know she's in a better place. Darcy was the first pet I had in about 30 years. I knew I wanted a Sheltie as my sister had one and I think they are just the best. Darcy was only 10 and while I will miss her forever, it's just so quiet in my house (I live alone), that I may be on the lookout for one in a few months. I want to wait a few months to be sure, but I can't imagine life without a Sheltie. I look forward to learning alot by reading the forums. Thanks for having me!

2. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about the loss of your Darcy. A new sheltie puppy won't replace the one you lost, but it will find it's own place in your heart. Here's a quote I like to share, whenever a loved fur baby passes.:hugs

Attached Files:

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Let your heart guide you. After losing my beloved Aussie we agreed to stay with one dog but after six weeks we welcomed a new little one because we could bear it no longer. Your heart will tell you when and/or if it is time and lead you right to perfect little soul. Miracles happen and heaven and earth move to bring us the little souls that are meant to be with us.

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    That is so lovely -- and true -- Dawn.

5. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Welcome to the forum, DarcyDog. My condolences on the loss of Darcy. No dog is going to take Darcy's place in your heart and I can really understand waiting a few months before considering another Sheltie. There are a number of outstanding breeders in the Pittsburgh area as well for if/when you are a ready.

Welcome again to the forums and we look forward to hearing tales of your life with Darcy.

6. DarcyDog

DarcyDog Forums Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I know I will like i here!

7. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    So sorry for your loss.

I found Sheltie Nation after saying goodbye to my bi-blue, Trace, on 1/26/14. His passing was very unexpected & I was devastated. Before we got him we had second thoughts about having 2 dogs. Once my tears slowed enough that I could start thinking again, it didn't take long to realize that our home seeemed incomplete with only one.

There is no way to replace a lost pet, but I'm sure you will find, as I have, that thoughts of a new furry friend will help to bring some happiness back into your life.

This site is simply awesome and the information you can get from the questions and answers will amaze you. This is my first stop when I sit down at the computer in the morning - just to check the new daily photo because they are always adorable!

8. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome. As others have said, there is no way to ever "replace" a little dog you have loved and lost. But when you are ready emotionally, a little new love can help take away the emptiness and he/she will find his own place in your heart...just a different place from the one that will forever belong to your Darcy.

Trini

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  10. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome DarcyDog to Sheltie Nation, your one stop shop for all things Sheltie. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Darcy, as everyone else states, no you will never replace Darcy, you will just have another little fur baby to fill your heart. You will meet some really great new friends here and learn more than any place else you could go. Only you will know when the time is right to bring a new baby into your family, and when you decide the time is right your heart will guide you to the perfect new "bestest" life long companion. When that time is right, we will all be excited to see pictures. Keep us posted. :smile2: