Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Update on George and Gracie

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Georgie'sMom, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Georgie'sMom

Georgie'sMom Forums Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Ohio
    George and Gracie just celebrated their first birthdays (two weeks apart) and I thought I'd give an update on our little George, a rescue, and Gracie, my tri-color lady. My husband calls her Gracie Darlin' and that suits her to a T. She is just the gentlest, dearest girl who doesn't even have one bad habit!

Little George, the puppy raised in a barn without socialization, very hyper and afraid of everything at first, especially me, for a while, is now a very happy boy. I just spent 20 minutes scratching his belly and ears and he gives me kisses and relaxes with me. I would have NEVER thought we would get this far in 6 months! He may get a chance to be a daddy some time in the coming year, as our breeder friend would love to have a litter with her blue merle. He is a gorgeous bi-black, so that could be some pretty puppies!

They go for 2 mile walks every morning and evening with my husband who retired in September. I think they have saved his sanity after all those years of high-pressure computer work! We went back to PA this weekend and they handled the long car trip, the new people, and new situations like troopers. And of course, when we stopped for breaks, they got lots of attention with people oohing and ahing over how pretty they are. Picture the wind blowing and their coats shining in the sun. I sound like a proud momma, don't I, lol!
    Life is good in this sheltie home.

2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for the current update on George and Gracie.

I would like to wish them each a "belated" happy birthday.

Sounds like a wonderful sheltie household all the way around!

I am happy for all of you.

3. Dexter'sMom

Dexter'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    Happy Birthday !

George & Gracie !!
    Wishing you happy trails, sunshine & fresh breezes !!
    :biggrin2:

4. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Thank you for the update! :)

I am happy you are all doing well. Yey for little Gracie's grace ;) and as for George, congrats on all the progress you've made. It is fun to read about the good sheltie life they are both living with your family :)!