Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers for my little Pixie

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by trini, Aug 16, 2014.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    My Pixie has not been herself for several weeks now. We have been at the vet's every week for more tests and still no definitive answer as to why she is ill. Yesterday I was with her as she had an all organ ultrasound...still no definitive dx. Her liver enlarged due to the preds she is on for her IBD and kidneys were not clearly visible due to massive gas buildup in her digestive track. Her blood work results from 2 weeks ago indicate both potential liver and kidney issues...the elevated liver readings probably due to the preds. She is on antibiotics because her urine is ultra dilute (too dilute even for a doggie on preds) and our vet suspects kidney infection...but she is not improving on the antibiotics which means this may actually be kidney failure rather than just an infection. Having lost dogs to kidney failure before, I know we are on borrowed time if this turns out to be the dx. Pixie is my shadow...she is a Mommie's girl who is always by my side even when the others are off playing or exploring...she loves all her family but I am the only one she allows to pick her up and cuddle her...I can't imagine life without her. :(

Please keep my wee lass in your prayers........

Trini

2. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so sorry to hear little Pixie is not herself. I'll be praying for her. She sounds like a special little girl with a very special bond with you :hugs

3. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Oh no! Trini, I am so sorry. I know how these babies can become so special. I have a girl like that now and if anything happened to her I don't know what I would do.

I'll keep you and your baby in my prayers.

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'll be praying for Pixie's recovery, Trini. I'm so sorry to hear about her health issues. It's so hard when the ones with that special bond are sick. Sending you hugs too. :hugs

5. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Praying for your girl Trini.

6. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    So sorry to hear she's not feeling well - sending mega prayers your way!

7. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oh the poor baby! Praying for quick recovery!

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Trini - oh no. I am so sorry to hear your special girl is ailing. I struggled with kidney failure in our first Sheltie Skye and it was miserable. Has she been on the antibiotics long? When Asta had a kidney infection she needed antibiotics for a solid month before it resolved. I'm really hoping that may be more the case with Pixie.

It sounds like Pixie has a big part of your heart. Hugs and prayers coming your way. :hugs :fl

9. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    It's really horrible when our special ones are poorly, especially if you don't have a firm diagnosis as to what's going wrong. Keeping you and Pixie in my thoughts and fingers crossed that things start improving soon. :hugs

10. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I hope this is just temporary, and she recovers fully!