Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Oh no. USDAA PSJ...no Q yet

Discussion in 'Agility' started by k9kreationz, Apr 7, 2012.

1. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Well, I guess I only have one more shot left. And that's at Regionals. I gave up my run by walking off. It wasn't worth running a crazy dog that's not paying any attention at all. :( I'm bummed.

All day long, it's like he was focused and running great for the first half, then he would get crazy, barky, unfocused, and our second half would be a total mess. I have no idea what was going on with him.

However, our last run of the day was Jumpers. There was this really hard part where everyone was saying, "oh come on, this is Starters". Basically, you had a jump straight to the side of the tunnel. But, you had to go to the far end. In all honesty, it wasn't easy because these are Starters dogs, and the exit end was a great entry from the jump. My goal was to get a FC in. So, here's the video: http://youtu.be/jWNFGt7AuP8 Check out my front cross. I was so proud of it. It wasn't perfect, but it worked awesomely. It's right after the 5th obstacle around 9 seconds. I was really proud of myself and wondered what happened in PSJ.

I honestly couldn't say this was a good day although we Q'd 3/5 classes. Oh yeah, I ran Perf Grand Prix. That was super fun, but Koji was high and crazy, so I knew it wasn't going to end well.

And we got our Standard contact!!! So I got my first Standard Q. Even though the rest of the run was, go over, nope, circle back around, over. Go in the tunnel, nope, circle back around, in ya go. It was bad. Very bad. Thank gawd it was Starters and there was no refusals. ;)

2. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Usdaa

The run you posted was nice.I was watching your Grand Prix from last month .Do you use Switch?I swore I heard you say it.

3. k9kreationz

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks. I was extremely happy with his Jumpers run.

As for the Grand Prix run, today was my first GP run ever. Sure you were watching me? And I don't have a switch command, so that definitely wasn't me. Oh, if it was me, where did you think I said it, I can tell you what I did say.

4. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Usdaa

I am sorry the run was from today and you said it after the third jump when he ran behind you and then went back ove rthe jump.It sounded like switch.I use Switch alot.

5. k9kreationz

Oct 24, 2008
    Ah. Nope, no switch. I told him "over" and when he came back, I probably said something, but not sure what. For all I know, I could've been talking to myself. I tend to talk to myself and Koji a lot when things go bad.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    nice Jumpers- looked very smooth:smile2:

7. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Usdaa

I heard the over and my hearing is probaly going but it sounded like Switch to me.Oh well.I use switch with Shadow and I love it.

8. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Very nice Jumpers run. Even if that FC wasn't the prettiest, it worked and you got him to the correct tunnel entrance. How many other people succeeded at that challenge; just curious?

Sorry about the PSJ run. No idea why Koji would be calm the first half of a run and break down on the second half. But there were definitely some good things! You've been working on his start line stay and he didn't break that -at least he didn't in the jumpers run you posted. He also hit his DW contacts!

9. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Awesome jumpers run! Very nice job on the FC. You're right, that is a tougher Starters course for sure. Remind me again who the judge was?

I also thought your GP run was quite nice! Just a couple bobbles around RCs, but still, nice. GP is tough and he did some really nice stuff in there. I love how he comes off the start line--fast and excited.

10. k9kreationz

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks!!! I love when I have smooth runs like that.

I was going to teach a "switch" but right now, I have bigger things to train, like those darn contacts. One day it'll come.

First, you're absolutely right. How long ago was it that he was breaking all his stays? And now, I just take them for granted. I must remember all the things I've been working on for the past 6 months.

As for how many did it correctly, actually quite a few. I would say the ones that did FC's were 100% correct. The rest were iffy. At that point, I'd think it depends on how much the dog listens and/or is velcro-ey. I might have been able to call Koji off, but wanted to go for the FC instead.

The judge for my ring was Richard Deppe (funny and fun judge). The Masters ring was Scott Chamberlain (finally a CMJ for my final measure).

Thanks on the FC, I really did make a huge effort to get there. I even got in a lateral run (me, not the dog). GP was really fun. As Koji was finishing up the weaves, I was about to go to the jump in front of me and I'm like, that's not right. I realized it right when he finished. Phew! I was having a ton of RC issues today. I think I'm back to that point of too fast for RC (need to slow down) and too slow for FC (need to speed up).

All in all I had a great day. Lots of positives. Crazies was there for sure, but it's okay. The main things I'm training are working out okay. The GP DW was horrible (he flew that one), but I kinda thought he was going to how crazy he was by then. I also won this crazy outfit from our raffle for Koji, see below. I call him my little space cadet. lol. I put a raffle ticket in it for a friend but it was way too big. Oops. It looked small when I picked it up. Guess I'll use it tomorrow.

Attached Files: