Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie Senior in Florida, emergency, set for euthanasia tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by Bradt9881, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
  2. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    It looks like his due out date (ugh, such a wrong term) isn't for a few more days, August 12th. But definitely worth pointing out.

3. Bradt9881

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yeah, I may have erred there. But the poor doggie, if 8 years old, could have a lot more life to live. And it's neutered, so probably a pet at one point in its life :)

4. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    I hope he gets into a rescue or family fast! And I bet he is one shelter dog who would look fantastic after a couple months of good food, a roof over his head, and most important for a Sheltie, a loving family including him in their lives. I'd love to see a pic of him a with a big smile and a healthy coat....

He looks pretty stressed, can't say I blame him, poor guy :(.

5. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Don't we have a forum member named Judy that does sheltie rescue from Floridia? Does anyone here on the forum know who I am speaking of?

That poor little guy, he is in my prayers.

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sent information to 2 Florida sheltie rescues...

I sent the information directly to two Florida Sheltie Rescues...

PLEASE HELP RESCUE THIS SHELTIE FROM KILL SHELTER!

One has already responded that they are full and have limited funds...
    Also, they thought he was NOT a sheltie and older than 8. They think he was dumped at the shelter...with his health condition they can not take him.:cry:

http://apps.ocfl.net/dept/CEsrvcs/animal/NetPets/AnimalDetail.asp?ID=A297545&RT=T

Animal ID: A297545 Room No.: WD11

Hi, the Shelter named me Norris. I am an approximately 8 year old brown and white neutered male. I am fearful and I tested heartworm negative. I weigh approximately 33 pounds. I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Friday, August 01, 2014. My due out date is Wednesday, August 13, 2014.

Orange County Animal Services
    at 2769 Conroy Rd., Orlando, FL. The phone number is (407)836-3111

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you mean Sunchaser- she hasn't been online since May.......

8. Bradt9881

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I do think he is a sheltie, but in poor condition. I can't see his teeth to guess age. Many seniors are rescued by the NC people, and placed in medical foster until they go to the bridge. I hope he gets to live.....

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Update: Bless you barbara

Since I reached out to Barbara from: midflsheltierescue.com she has agreed to help rescue this poor boy...

"I will do all I can to keep him comfortable, we do not have the funds, but we will do a fund raiser for him that face keeps saying to me "hey I am happy and not ready to die" I am sure I can find a place for him to live out his life with lots of love and good food"

I will donate today for him... ANYONE else that can help and donate to his care PLEASE DO SO!!!

You can donate on their website: www.midflsheltierescue.com

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers :fl
    Hugs to you Barb :hugs

10. Bradt9881

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    Thank you! And donation sent....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014