Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Introducing OTCh Staymat Magnificent Journey UDX, OM2

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by fuzbuttsheltie, Nov 15, 2013.

1. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I am delighted to announce that Davina earned her OTCh title this past weekend at a Regional Qualifier in MD. We celebrated her 4th birthday on Tuesday and that Saturday she opted to make my OTCh dreams come true. I was truly taken by surprise when the judge called our number for 2nd place in UB. The competition was unbelievably well trained but the trialing conditions were insurmountable for others. Davina rose to the challenge right behind a longtime Judge who competed that day with his Golden.

Davina and I celebrated by playing on the beach until dusk and then we had a big steak dinner and some ice cream!

Dani
    OTCh Staymat Magnificent Journey UDX, OM2
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Blackmyst Poker Face CD

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Go Davina! Sounds like a grate weekend, happy birthday little girl! You lucky furbaby, steak AND ice cream!:eek2: Mmmmmmm...:smile2:

3. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Congratulations! An OTCh is a fantastic accomplishment. Sounds like you had a perfect celebration with Davina

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats- that is so awesome:yes:

we're just hoping to get a Q in Beginner Novice this weekend:winkgrin:

5. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Congrats Dani and Davina!

6. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    What an amazing journey indeed! Congrats Dani and Davina! Applause, applause from your fans here!

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Congratulations Dani, WTG Davina! WA-WA-WAHOO! This is me doing my happy dance. That must have been a really great celebration, I'm just wondering what Davina enjoyed more, the steak or the ice cream? Oops, almost forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet baby, you did your momma proud! :cool: :biggrin2:

8. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Congrats - do we get to seea photo?

9. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Congratulations!!!! What an awesome accomplishment!!

10. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful comments. The journey took 2 years and about 2 weeks from the time Davina entered the Novice B ring for the 1st time to earning her OTCh. We took about 8 months off due to family health issues and of course our training time suffered as well. So, considering that, the journey was rather quick, especially in my area. I competed against teams with multiple scores of 200 from the OB or UB classes.

EJHUNTL -- about posting pictures....I'm waiting on the delivery from the the official photographer. I hope to have them sometime later this week. I can't wait to post a picture of her AKC certificate.

Sullivan -- Know that I did the happy dance like no one was watching out on the beach with my Davina. The Birthday Girl would much rather play than to eat so I concentrated on play. She actually had a blast with each crashing wave.

Callismom -- The trial chapter of your journey has to begin somewhere, so if it's Beginner Novice, that's absolutely wonderful. Good luck and keep us posted!

Dani
    OTCh (I'm not tired of typing it yet) Staymat Magnificent Journey UDX, OM2
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Blackmyst Poker Face CD, RN