Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Follow up on what I thought was terrible ...

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 2GoodDogs, Jul 30, 2014.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    A post previously, "http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=16708&highlight=neighbor"

I was just so worried when a young intact pit bull stray showed up at the neighbors. So sure this dog would kill us all!

Well, flash forward to last evening....

The Mom and Dad of the family were on their front porch in chairs, their dog (neutered now) laying down in between them.

I pull into my driveway (about 40' away) let my dog out of the car, we walk to our front door, and Hamm (the neighbor's dog) never even raised his head off the cool porch.

They bark and bounce at each other through the back yard fence, till I call my dog off. But in the front yard, both are under excellent verbal control.

I give my neighbors so much credit, they put in the time, the money, the work in turning this stray bloody pit bull into a respectable and mannered family dog.

Wish it always would work out this well!

2. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I'm so glad things worked out well for this pit bull. I'm sure the dog really appreciates your neighbors taking the time to work with him and change him. They truly gave him a whole new life.

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I just LOVE a happy ending. I have been working with a big love of a pittie at the shelter. I really like this girl a lot and I'm not a big fan of pitbulls - they just aren't my type of dog. Kinda like Afghans... just kidding.

So glad your neighbors have hearts of gold. :smile2:

4. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    I'm glad to know the pit bull story had a happy ending. Most problem dogs are the result of bad owners, rather than anything being wrong with the dog.

5. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    That is sooo very true!!!

6. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    i am so happy they were able to make this a happy ending, and thank you so much for sharing the good outcome. We need more happy news story in order to give ALL dogs at least a fair chance. Kudos for you hanging in there and of course to your neighbours, too! They obviously put in a lot of work with that high energy dog!

I hope this one gets as much viewing and discussion as the previous thread :lol: