Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers for my little Pixie

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by trini, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Trini, I am happier than I can say, hearing your good news about Pixie! Tears of relief are in my eyes. I always put myself in someone else's shoes when it comes to their animals struggling with illness. I too become an emotional basket case so I can really relate.

All positive thoughts coming your way that you can wean her off the Pred successfully. She sounds like a tough little nut who will battle her way through. These little dogs can surprise you with how tough they can be when the chips are down. Witness my little Ally coming back from toe amputation like nothing ever really happened to her.

My kitty has had attacks of IBD so I know what that's all about :uhoh:

Please keep us up to date on Pixie's progress!

2. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    I am so happy to hear that the results of the biopsy were clear and can well imagine your relief! :biggrin2:
    It sounds positive that you will be able to find alternatives to the preds too which is really hopeful. My Revel is also on this for Chronic bronchitis so I know the difficulties of managing a condition vs dealing with side effects. It is a difficult balancing act but Pixie is in the best hands and I look forward to hearing about the progress I'm sure she will make. :smile2:

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Lanie, the Denamarin Pixie is taking does include Milk Thistle which has a good track record on helping liver tissue regenerate....so hopefully we will gradually see progress. :smile2:

Trini

4. PamG

PamG Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Prayers for continued improvement and good news from me and the pups.

Pam and Sunny and Snow

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Pixie sends her special thanks to all her SN friends who have repeatedly sent good wishes and prayers her way. I have read every message to her and told her how very lucky she is to have friends from all over the world hoping for her to become healthy again.

Trini and Pixie

6. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so happy for you and Pixie! Wonderful news!

7. famous seamus

famous seamus Forums Enthusiast

Feb 19, 2011
    new jersey
    Team Pixie

Such good news. Hope that Pixie is 100% soonest. When they get sick, ugh what we go through, right?

Take care to take care of both you and the wee lass.

Best,
    Kate