Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Diamond Suspends Production

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Lightplum, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    I wanted to add thank you Linda! If you go to the second last paragraph of Barb's post, hit the url and the codes will be there on that page.

I checked mine, and my code is not on the list. Food came out of Missouri.

Thank goodness for that!

2. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    I feed Maggie Fromm, and I really like it. Zak gets Go.

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

The latest update I have from my Ho is that Diamond has been working with the FDA and has received a go ahead to release some of the product line.

And that there should be further updates in the next day or so.

4. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the update on Diamond.

We however decided last week to toss our bag of TOTW,and feed another brand. And I have to say,all the digestive upsets have vanushed. I still say that in some way our bag was tainted with something. To many coinsedance of these dogs getting sick in one week,while eating the food.

Until I hear that the plant in Gaston SC is clear,we will stay with the food choice we made.

5. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    I believe the tote was tainted as well, as that is what I was feeding that caused all of mine to be so sick.

6. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    My friend had her dogs sick with bag of TOTW last week too. All were having diarrhea, lethargic etc.

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

If you are aware of dogs getting sick on TOTW, CHSP, etc. then you need to raise this immediately to the manufacturer and to your retailer. I'm hearing that the recall was limited only to Diamonds own Lam & Rice forumula, but that TOTW and CHSP, etc. were being held back as a precautionary.

I have just received word that they are starting to release bags for shipment again.

Of course, dogs getting sick could have nothing to do with the food itself, but just the protein mix itself. Buy better to be safe. Please let them know ASAP!

8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I totally agree with this! It is very important for the health and safety of other dogs. Think of it as saving another dog from getting sick!

9. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    I've made my phone calls..3 of them.Has everyone else??? I would be curious if you were treated with insult as we were.

And I get stupidity,ignorance,I even got insults from one person I talked to.Talking to me as if I was some ignorant b**** that did not know what the heck I was doing.
    So do I need the insult...ahhh...NO. I found the customer service to be *******,and really don't give a whip what I as an owner had gone thru. Even with the 3rd phone call,I had Jasper sicker than sick.

Do I think it was the bag that was just bought when we came home from NY,you bet.

Thry can't know it unless we as owners call. I know I am knee deep in vet bills becuase of this ****. One dog is one thing,but when it goes thru 4 I am done with the company.

My dogs are finally back to normal.But let me tell ya,it has been no picnic at any way shape or form.
    As much as I have been a devoted customer,nearly 3 years of this food,I would not wish any sickness on any dog or owner to deal with it.

I'm so fed up with ignorance & stupid people....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I never had any issues with their customer service. They were always courteous to me.

Last year, I had a bad bag of TOTW that gave Bailey diarrhea and most recently I found a completely different kibble in their bag of food. :eek2:

That is what prompted me to switch to different food a few months ago.

And now after what is going on now, I am glad I made the switch.