Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New here from Texas :)

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by amberb182, Feb 9, 2012.

1. amberb182

amberb182 Forums Novice

Feb 9, 2012
    Denton, TX
    Hello my name is Amber and I am a new owner to a 10 week old sheltie name Tyler! This is the first sheltie I have ever had and I just love the breed now :) I wanted a german shepherd but my fiancé talked me into getting a sheltie and I'm glad I did!!! The only issue I have had with him is the nipping and barking but I'm training him that it's not okay. lol.

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Welcome to the forum.

10 wks and already in love with the breed. I am glad you have discover the joys of sheltie ownership. You sound like me , I was planning on getting another breed when fate brought me my first sheltie. I still wasn't 100% sure when I brought Justice home. However, 2 hours later, I called his breeder and told her she was never getting him back.:smile2:

Be warned though Sheltie are addictive and do great in packs. I have 5 now(9yrs Justice, 6yrs Ember ,3yrs Diva, 1.5yrs Jamie and 19 weeks Birch). 4 live with me and 1(Jamie) lives with his co owner.

What color is Tyler? I have one of almost every color-Sable, Biblue, Blue Merle , Tri and Bi Black.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Welcome to the forum!

4. David

David Forums Enthusiast

Welcome Tyler and Amber. Has anyone told you that we looove pics?:lol:

5. Lahree

Lahree Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2008
    North Texas
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!! You're in DENTON!! I'm in ARGYLE!! I feel a get-together coming on! I have a three year old Sable Merle named Ellie Mae.

Good luck with the nippng and barking thing---two things that Shelties are known for!

6. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Welcome to the Sheltie Nation! It is great to have you join us :biggrin2:

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

8. lovemyshelties

lovemyshelties Forums Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    A warm welcome. Getting a Sheltie starts an addiction for sure. Hubby and I are on our second trio. Two are in agility class and our other little chub Murphy is learning how to be social. (We adopted him last year from a rescue. He came from a breeder and didn't get out much.)

Please post some pics of Tyler soon!

I have a album full of photos of our past and present Shelties. You can find it under the "Community" link at the top of the page. Think ours is called "Sheltie Trio."

9. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome from Canada. I would have no other breed.

Dr. Shelli is right - they are very addictive. I started off with my sable Emma, got my tri Liam, and am waiting to add my tri Natalie in a few weeks. That's my limit though - town says only three.

10. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    Welcome! We'll be moving to Ft Worth, TX in about 3 months, with our sheltie, Buddy. He is my 6th sheltie. Can't wait for a get together in TX.
    Congratulations on one of the best dogs you'll ever have.
    Dayle