Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Doggie Door Questions

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by k9kreationz, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    We have had a doggie door for over 25 years in this house and the skunk incident was the only time we ever had an invader. The cats have brought animals in a few times over the years, but not that often. I can count on one hand and have many fingers left over. I have been very happy with a doggie door for my dogs and cats to use.

2. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    I don't have one and wouldn't have one. I like to know who is inside and who is outside. The Belles still can't be trusted to be left alone anyway, so this wouldn't benefit them during the day. And since Bonnie is slipping quickly, she is getting confused about where she is. I'm afraid she would get herself outside then not be able to get herself back inside. Not to mention that she occasionally gets so lost in the back yard now that if the Belles aren't there to prevent it, she has been known to fall into the window wells to the basement. She just can't see that it is there. If no one was there to get her out, I just can't think about it...