Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Recipe for dog ice cream

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sharon, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    I found this recipe for dog ice cream and tried it and my guys loved it.Very easy to make.3 ripe banana's and 32 oz plain yogurt,1 cup peanut butter.Blend---pour the mixture into ice tray,freeze and in a couple houes you'll have a cool treat for your dog.:yes:

2. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    I've been making 'pupsicles' for my two w/yogurt & pb or yogurt & pineapple, poured into ice cube trays like you describe. Mine LOVE them so much! The only problem I've noticed is I think next time I will fill the trays halfway because the full cube is too big for my guys & they have a hard time eating them. They do love them so much, thanks for posting yours.
    Have you ever seen the brand name pupsicles in the freezer at your local grocery? I think my local store wants $4+ for them :eek2:

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    My guys loved this. I meant to make it last year for them and never got it done.

4. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I use yogurt cubes for Honey in the summers, she and I both love them! I'll have to try blending bananas into them next year. ( no peanut butter for her though, she hates it!)

5. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    If you make it into soft serve by freezing the bananas first and then blend, and don't refreeze, it's good for humans too :biggrin2: (I omit yogurt since I'm allergic to dairy)

I throw bananas that are starting to get too ripe, peeled, into a bag in the freezer to pull out whenever I want to make dairy free soft serve for Olive or DH and I (or banana bread)

6. Stewart Werley

Stewart Werley Forums Regular

Feb 27, 2018
    Chewie loves these. He learned the word "ice cream" fast than any other so far.

7. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    I have been doing something like this for Beau. I also fill Kongs with layers of plain fat free yogurt (I like the greek kinds best as they the protein/carb ratio is higher), PB, thin banana slices, and thin strawberry slices.

Another nice pupsicle is to fill a very small plastic container with water, add a few treats, a few berries or banana slices, a dab of PB or fat free cream cheese--just enough stuff to dot the water--add a string and freeze. Remove from container and then I hang it from a rung on my deck, it gives him lots of cool and licks.

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Minnie here:
    Now I know why this thread was "forbidden for Minnie" as she says

But PC was open when she went to the kitchen for coffee :yes:

Mom always says that dried bread is so delicious - - so that's what I have believed until now. :rolleyes2:

She's coming now .... I sleep very heavy