Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hope sheltie mix small times up! Blackwell pound, OK

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by Danny's mommy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    I am PRAYING for that miracle for Hope to get to Rose.

Forum member, Cindy, said she would be able to do part of the transport of Hope to Rose. Maybe another forum member can take over from there?

PS Hope is a great name for this sheltie, especially in this situation. And I believe there always is "hope".

2. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I don't know anybody out there. I am in Michigan. I emailed a humane society not too far away and asked if they could pull her and hold her. I don't think they will. Next is to look in the white pages to see what is out there. Now they have severe weather out there.

3. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    yes, Hope is her name. and hope is what this is all about.
    i want to thank everyone for the ideas and help on this.

4. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    Has anyone posted Hope on the Petfinder.com Urgent message board? They also have a transport board too. I know craigslist isn't always the best option but maybe appealing to them will help. Stillwater is the closest city listed.

Did anyone contact the Ponca City Humane Society? That doesn't look far from Blackwell on the map (20 miles). Here's their site- http://pchumane.org/ . Maybe they would take Hope til Rose could work something out. Sorry if that is the one you contacted Danny's Mom. This site has a list of rescues & shelters in Ok. Maybe we could divide up the list & email them. Here's the site. http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/search/state/OK

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. lasheltie

Feb 27, 2012
  6. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    It really couldn't hurt to post on facebook and mention she need out now. Can you post it?

7. lasheltie

Feb 27, 2012
    My daughter is the Facebook person but I'll try to get her to do it. Just give me all Hope's details & what we should post. It can't hurt to try. Should I mention there is a potential adopter too?

8. Danny's mommy

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
  9. lasheltie

Feb 27, 2012
    I tried posting but for some reason messed it up. Can anyone else give it a try? I think they might be our best hope.

10. lasheltie

Feb 27, 2012
    Ok, I failed at posting on the OK collie/sheltie rescue Facebook page but did email them & ask for them to post it & try to help. Keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone else can try posting on their Facebook page, please do. The more exposure the better.