Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Toby's day...

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Megansmom, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    Thank you thank you!! We'll be here for you when Julip goes through it too :hugs

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    It seems like the hardest challenge with these guys is to keep them quiet after surgery! Crazy kids :ick

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Glad Toby is doing well!

This is true! My vet wouldn't even use dissolvable stitches on Miss Bailey because he said she was too hyper and might tear them.

4. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Glad everything went well for Toby!!!

It's true the hardest part is keeping them quiet. Kyara made one of her stitches bleed by jumping around or rolling around. She was going nuts because of the lack of activity. :(

I started playing games with her where she wouldn't need to run or jump around. For example, I put 2 different toys in front of her and told her to pick up either the ''ball'' or ''giraffe'', praised her for getting the right one and tugging a little or treating her. I also taught her to target my hands and then a card. Just simple tricks to get her mind running and keeping her put. It really helped keeping her calm!