Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Oh No What have I done

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Hurtseverywhere, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Well I made an interesting discovery today, it turns out that our area regionals is on May 25, as it turns out Stormy turns 18 months old on May 23rd, so she is eligible to run. They are running a full slate but I talked to the trial secretary today and signed Storm up for Steeplechase. It will Be her debut appearance OH MY at the regionals, I have a feeling it will either be a spectacular debut or a Horrible crash & burn, but it's too late now the premium is in the mail :biggrin2:

When talking to the trial secretary she said they have around 180 dogs right now in steeplechase so it should give me a pretty good idea of where she is at, if she doesn't do the wild child and embarras the heck out of me LOL.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Good luck:yes:
    Happy Vibes for Stormy:smile2:

3. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    ohhhh
    you are SO brave! Holy moley, lol
    Good thing you're so experienced already, I think it makes a difference to know what you're doing!
    I can't wait to see her debut run!!!! GOOD LUCK :biggrin2:

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    How fun! That is a big stage to debut on--but I know Stormy will love running no matter what!

5. Hurtseverywhere

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    yea the next 5 weeks should be interesting, I called on Sarah tonight she is a great trainer and is going to help me with her for a couple of weeks to see if we cant work on a couple of things that that I have some concerns with, so fingers crossed. I am trailing Cosmo on sunday so we will see if he decided's to work or play as well.

6. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    How exciting! I can't wait to read all about how the big debut. I hope you will be able to get it on video :) for us to watch.

7. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Have a lot of fun and hopefully a great run.

8. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Oh my. Wow. You are brave! Here's hoping for an awesome debut for Stormy! You better get video for us.

9. Hurtseverywhere

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Yes this should be real interesting , I just checked the compeditor list
    she will be running against probably Dice & for sure Favor in the regular 16" division, Favor is the sheltie dynamo that turned in a 22 second flat run at the last trial and 4 time CDN national team member & Dice has been on the national team 3 times as well so the competition will be fierce( or at least world Class) to say the least, I just hope she behaves and keeps it together at this point, if I can keep her under control that's my main goal right now & I will be real happy with that. they will be running 2 rings side by side and she has never experienced anything like that, so that probably my biggest concern right now
    all the hubub and extra distraction of multiple rings going.

I am just going to try and approach this one as a out for fun ,oh well what will be will be type of event and hope for the best. I will make sure to get video count on it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012