Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Peter Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Pedigrees' started by Laddie's Mom, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I was thinking about my first "Laddie" today, I remembered that one of his relatives was "Peter Pumpkin" have any of you heard of him? Man, that dog had a huge pedigree.

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have read that he is now behind 100% of all American Sheltie pedigrees somewhere.

3. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Dickens appears to be a distant relation.

4. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    He is in my dogs' lines as well

5. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
  6. Mignarda

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Although, if I'm not mistaken, unless your dog is in the direct male line, the chance of its sharing one of Peter's chromosomes isn't very good.

7. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    It doesn't matter what line or where the ancestor falls. You have NO WAY of knowing what gene came from which parent, and expand that over many years, and you may have dogs with NO genes from a dog that long ago.

There is one person that I know of that has dogs without Peter in some of her dogs.

8. Mignarda

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    I believe the Y chromosome in the male comes from the male parent, who in turn gets it from his male parent, and so on down the line. A male gets his X from his mother, who can have gotten it from either of her parents.