Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's the little things....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Aug 14, 2014.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    The way that Annabelle, Clara and Tara always have to have their heads on something that gives them a pillow.

The way that Annabelle points her nose downward and looks up at me through the top of her eyes because she knows it's cute.

The way that Clara will turn inside out when I first get home. And how she paws at my arm to get belly rubs- while she is standing.

The way that Tara will cuddle up to me for sleeping, but thinks of DH as a toy and doesn't cuddle next to him.

The way that Casey flops onto his back for belly rubs. And the way that he sits down and pulls his ears back when he doesn't want to go outside too.

2. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Great thread! Mine is yesterday on our walk, three little girls asked if they could pet the dogs. Forrest hid behind me while Roxie sat pretty & ate up all the pets & love the girls lavished on her. She was a perfect girl! I was so proud, even of Forrest who used to literally cringe, all he did was step behind me to wait it out calmly.

3. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    Cookie does the same thing as Cubby--he pokes my husband with his paw to get his attention. Poke. Poke. Poke. Lick lick. Hey. Hey. See me? :p

4. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    So many silly things Watson does.... gently (daintily?) Taking a green bean in his front teeth and trotting off with it. The ever so gentle nibbling of the tip of my nose- his version of kisses. Hopping up on the couch or bed and curling up in a neat little sheltie - ball with his chin on a pillow waiting for me to go to sleep too. I ♡ him!

And when he does cute things like this....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  5. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Echo let total strangers pet her

Thus isn't a little thing, it's a HUGE thing. Echo doesn't let people (other than me) touch her and if they try, she backs up. If they persist, she air snaps and barks at them. We've been working on this for 9 months. There are now 6 people from the dog park that she sees every day that can touch her and on Friday, she let the women in the picture (who she had never met) pet her. I'm so proud of her.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwxq3mxatu4cy05/2014-08-15%2012.30.41.jpg

6. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    HURRAY ECHO!! That's so brave! what a good dog to work so hard, and good job to you as well for all other hard work helping her overcome her shyness!

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    That is a wonderful and huge thing.

8. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Great job Echo!! Your mama must be SO proud of you! And kudos to her as well for helping you learn to be less shy and more trusting!

9. roxyllsk

roxyllsk Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    My neighbor's young child is afraid of dogs but the other day was feeling brave. She very carefully walked up to Romeo. He just stayed still and very gently wagged his tail. I told her he was saying hello. She tenatively petted his side, and he turned and very gently sniffed her face, then gave her a little kiss on the nose. She giggled and gave him a hug. He is such a kind, patient boy !

10. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Thank you so much for the kudos :smile2:
    She's worked so hard. Our big goal is to get her CGC someday.
    If she's on a table or on her show lead people can touch her. If I'm holding her, people can touch her. Off-leash, nothing doing until recently.:no:
    She was a show dog that didn't make the cut and the breeders let me have her at 10 months. I have a feeling that she didn't have a lot of contact with people other than them and show judges. She loves other dogs.
    The big problem is that she'll walk up to people and touch them with her nose and when they reach down to pet her, she reacts. Kinda scary for the human on the receiving end :confused2:
    I've been lurking here for months reading and reading and you've all helped me more than you'll ever know.