Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Who's who -- The class of 2014

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Mom2Melli, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Sparta

Sparta Forums Regular

Jul 29, 2014
    Norway
    Something got lost along they way, though - if you don't mind, I'm re-adding Sparta.

DOB --DOG NAME -- GENDER -- COLOR -- YOUR NAME -- RELATED TO (if applies) -- LIVES WITH (if applies).

12/31/13 - Lacewood Skywalker Jedi Knight (Vader) -- Male -- Bi-Black -- Phebe*DD (Margaret) -- related ??? -- Full-time Annoyance to Phebe
    01/05/14 -- TLC's Just The Way You Are (Bailey) -- Male -- Sable -- lives with SueEllen
    02/24/14 - Kendale Macallan (Callan) - Named after David's favourite scotch whisky - Male - Sable Merle with Blue Eyes - related to both my Indy and my forever pup, Bacca somewhere in the genes - Lives with Indy my 6 year old who is learning to put up and sometimes play with the pest.
    03/08/14-- Yasdnil Love and Kisses (Pepper) -- Female -- Sable -- Hannah -- lives with Honey
    03/15/14 Caravan Zantastic (Nevis)----male----Sable----alonsoe (Eva)---related to?----lives with Foula
    03/18/14 Caravan Angel Darke (Foula)----female---tricolour---alonsoe (Eva)---related to?----lives with Nevis
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst Criminal Intent(Celtic) -- Male -- Bi black- Justicemom(Dr. Shelli) -- litter brother Enzo, Nephew to Spruce and Birch -- Lives with Justice, Ember, Birch and Dr Shelli.
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst Defying Gravity (Envy) -- Female -- Bi-blue CHW -- Team Mav (Sara) -- litter sister to Celtic & Enzo, niece to Birch & Spruce -- lives with Sara, Maverick, & Karma
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst From Zero to One Hundred (Enzo) -- Male -- Bi-Blue -- corbinam (Ashley) -- brother Celtic, nephew to Spruce and Birch -- Lives with Bentley, Lexi and Bimmer
    03/25/14 -- Starlight's La Carnaval De Mardi Gras "Zulu" Male, Tri, RikyR (Richard).
    04/03/14 -- Jaden's Precious Jewel (Jade) -- Female -- Bi Blue -- Cooper'sMama (Laurel) -- related to ?? -- sweet little sister to Cooper and Carter :)
    04/06/14 -- Registered name TBD 'Enzo'-- Male -- Blue Merle -- Krys (kryslaurelle) -- Bode grandson, probably related to someone here =)
    05/08/14 -- Little Red Caboose (Cubby) -- Male -- Shaded Sable -- Mom2Mell (Cara) -- related to Cooper, Carter, & Emmy -- lives with Melli & Shay.
    05/10/14 -- Shakerag's Baker McAtee Kissed by Trace (Baker) -- Male -- Sable -- bkzoo(Kristie) -- lives with Toby
    05/14/14 --working on registration name Kali -- Female -- Tri -- mom2be
    05/17/14 -- Rabbit Run Special Agent (McGee) -- Male -- Sable -- DPSheltie (Danielle) -- son of Tansy, nephew to Noah, and grandson to Checkers -- lives with Riley
    05/29/14 -- La-Min-So's Villa Medusa (Sparta) -- Female-- Tri -- Nina (un. Sparta) -- two humans and Junior the Farmdog
    06/01/14 -- Lizneb Bonnie Wee Star K Sera (Bonnie) -- Female -- Sable -- Skysong (Kathleen)
    06/15/14--PaRay's Miracle 'Lacey Lee'---female--blue merle with blue eyes---Mom Judy and annoys big brother Milo the Eskimo.
    06/16/14 -- Redemption's Sky Pilot (Flyer) -- male -- Blue Merle -- (2GoodDogs aka Joan D) .-- Justus' Nephew -- Lives with Justus, Lily and Joan
    07/31/14 -- Registered name TBD (Odin) -- male -- bi black -- lives with (Jeff) Jeff, Heather, Parker and Leah, also two African Grey's
    10/05/14 -- Damels Oshie Did it (Oshie) --male -- blue merle -- melbell(Melanie) -- Ruutu's full brother from a different litter -- Lives with Honey and Ruutu

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    By my count- all colors are represented.

22 total- 7 Sable, 4 Blue Merle, 4 Tri, 3 Bi black, 2 Bi blue, 1 Sable Merle and 1 CHW(biblue).

Pretty much how you would expect the ratios of colors to be. Interesting.:lol:

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Interesting stat for sure. I would have thought that there might have been one more sable Merle besides Callan, but I guess they are pretty chancy in the show world, so breeders generally would not risk it. Blue eyes disqualifies them, unfortunately, becuase it's their most striking feature.

A little surprised by bi black and bi blue. They are really uncommon in Ottawa, Ontario. Sables predominate here, but Merle's rising because the predominant breeder here has expanded her lines.

4. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    In Minnnesota biblacks and biblues are very common in the show ring. In fact, they dominate. Sables in shows here are not common.

Blue eyes in sable merle is not a disqualification. It is a fault just like a high tail or flat feet. Unfortunately it is an easily picked out fault and weighted very heavily by many judges. There are many judges that don't like blue eyes in blues either but since it is not a fault, they judge it as not having a soft pleasing expression and pa over the dog anyways.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  5. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    DOB --DOG NAME -- GENDER -- COLOR -- YOUR NAME -- RELATED TO (if applies) -- LIVES WITH (if applies).

12/31/13 - Lacewood Skywalker Jedi Knight (Vader) -- Male -- Bi-Black -- Phebe*DD (Margaret) -- related ??? -- Full-time Annoyance to Phebe
    01/05/14 -- TLC's Just The Way You Are (Bailey) -- Male -- Sable -- lives with SueEllen
    02/24/14 - Kendale Macallan (Callan) - Named after David's favourite scotch whisky - Male - Sable Merle with Blue Eyes - related to both my Indy and my forever pup, Bacca somewhere in the genes - Lives with Indy my 6 year old who is learning to put up and sometimes play with the pest.
    03/08/14-- Yasdnil Love and Kisses (Pepper) -- Female -- Sable -- Hannah -- lives with Honey
    03/15/14 Caravan Zantastic (Nevis)----male----Sable----alonsoe (Eva)---related to?----lives with Foula
    03/18/14 Caravan Angel Darke (Foula)----female---tricolour---alonsoe (Eva)---related to?----lives with Nevis
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst Criminal Intent(Celtic) -- Male -- Bi black- Justicemom(Dr. Shelli) -- litter brother Enzo, Nephew to Spruce and Birch -- Lives with Justice, Ember, Birch and Dr Shelli.
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst Defying Gravity (Envy) -- Female -- Bi-blue CHW -- Team Mav (Sara) -- litter sister to Celtic & Enzo, niece to Birch & Spruce -- lives with Sara, Maverick, & Karma
    03/18/14 - Blackmyst From Zero to One Hundred (Enzo) -- Male -- Bi-Blue -- corbinam (Ashley) -- brother Celtic, nephew to Spruce and Birch -- Lives with Bentley, Lexi and Bimmer
    03/25/14 -- Starlight's La Carnaval De Mardi Gras "Zulu" Male, Tri, RikyR (Richard).
    04/03/14 -- Jaden's Precious Jewel (Jade) -- Female -- Bi Blue -- Cooper'sMama (Laurel) -- related to ?? -- sweet little sister to Cooper and Carter :)
    04/06/14 -- Registered name TBD 'Enzo'-- Male -- Blue Merle -- Krys (kryslaurelle) -- Bode grandson, probably related to someone here =)
    05/08/14 -- Little Red Caboose (Cubby) -- Male -- Shaded Sable -- Mom2Mell (Cara) -- related to Cooper, Carter, & Emmy -- lives with Melli & Shay.
    05/10/14 -- Shakerag's Baker McAtee Kissed by Trace (Baker) -- Male -- Sable -- bkzoo(Kristie) -- lives with Toby
    05/17/14 -- Rabbit Run Special Agent (McGee) -- Male -- Sable -- DPSheltie (Danielle) -- son of Tansy, nephew to Noah, and grandson to Checkers -- lives with Riley
    05/29/14 -- La-Min-So's Villa Medusa (Sparta) -- Female-- Tri -- Nina (un. Sparta) -- two humans and Junior the Farmdog
    06/01/14 -- Lizneb Bonnie Wee Star K Sera (Bonnie) -- Female -- Sable -- Skysong (Kathleen)
    06/15/14--PaRay's Miracle 'Lacey Lee'---female--blue merle with blue eyes---Mom Judy and annoys big brother Milo the Eskimo.
    06/16/14 -- Redemption's Sky Pilot (Flyer) -- male -- Blue Merle -- (2GoodDogs aka Joan D) .-- Justus' Nephew -- Lives with Justus, Lily and Joan
    07/09/14 -- Hopes Dark Horse 'Andromeda' -- female -- tri factored sable -- HopeShelties -- probably not related to anyone else here unless there are any Rebound relatives
    07/31/14 -- Registered name TBD (Odin) -- male -- bi black -- lives with (Jeff) Jeff, Heather, Parker and Leah, also two African Grey's
    10/05/14 -- Damels Oshie Did it (Oshie) --male -- blue merle -- melbell(Melanie) -- Ruutu's full brother from a different litter -- Lives with Honey and Ruutu

6. Helygen

Helygen Forums Novice

Oct 25, 2014
    Eastern Ontario

04/04/14 -- Wyndeway's Back in Time (McFly) -- Male -- Tri -- Helygen -- none that I know of -- lives with OneX (BC), Penny (GH), Turbo (Aussie), 3 cats, 3 horses :biggrin2:
    07/09/14 -- Hopes Dark Horse 'Andromeda' -- female -- tri factored sable -- HopeShelties -- probably not related to anyone else here unless there are any Rebound relatives

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Pretty long list! Maybe it's just more new members on the forum. Maybe there is a Sheltie explosion going on, but this lust is long! And still growing!

What shall we do when this class graduates out of puppyhood!?

8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu turned 7 months on Saturday. He is right at 20 lbs. and is about 14.5". He just finished his second puppy class. The second session was so much better. Less talk and more fun things for the pups to do. On the last day she set up a simple rally course, and out of 8 dogs, Zulu won first place! He had the fastest time and no errors. He placed third in agility, balked at the jump and was slow in the tube. Mary worked well with him in rally, so this may be the route we go. Yesterday, he helped to catch a runaway dog. We were on our walk, and a lady was chasing her dog down the street. The dog approached us, Zulu sat and allowed the dog to greet him. They touched noses, and proceeded to smell each other, and I was able to grab his collar. She thanked us, and I was so very proud of my boy!

Attached Files:

9. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I thought about that . . . I imagine I will have to start a new thread involving the class of 2014 turns 1 and we all post as our dogs hit the milestone?

10. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    We will need a new list of the 2015 Class. More puppies!