Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What if your dog got lost

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Caro, May 10, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Once when we were camping, Bitsy Boodle disappeared. We were calling her when a nearby camper said, "She's over there," pointing down a path. We came around the bend to find Bitsy in the middle of a ring of young people, joyfully enjoying a pick-up soccer game! Our ball-obsessed girl!

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Lol, well you guys must not have been providing enough entertainment (or balls) for her!

3. ute_fan

ute_fan Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2012
    Utah
    Callie got out of our backyard a couple of summers ago when the lawn spraying guy neglected to shut the gate and I didn't know. I was totally panicked! My husband wasn't home, and wasn't answering his cell phone. We live fairly near a busy street, and I was so petrified of finding her mangled little body on the street that I called my son-in-law to see if he'd come help me look for her, as I was afraid I'd totally have a breakdown if I did find that she'd been hit.

In the meantime, I stood in the yard and called and called for her, and she snuck up behind me from the neighbors yard -- two doors down. I was never so relieved in my life. I was also shocked that she didn't bark to let me know where she was, but didn't hear a peep out of her.

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    OH !! That must have been adorable!

6. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby would go and find any kid or dog to play with. I don't think she would even bother trying to find us. And I highly doubt she would bark. Sometimes I loose her in the house, she goes in the basement, garage etc and I don't realize she is there. Then I close the doors, turn off the lights. After a few moments of quiet I realize she is no where to be found. Despite walking around and calling her she makes no noise at all! Only to be found sitting at the door waiting for it to be opened.

Our previous Sheltie also would not have barked. She was deathly afraid of loud noises and many times we would come home and not be able to find her. Fearing the worst we would search and call with no noise from her. Then we would eventually find her stuck in the closer, with the door closed and she couldn't get out,mor even behind he washer and dryer.