Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dissappointed...

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Cooper'sMama, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    I can't find a holistic vet ANYWHERE near me :(

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Me either. There's a good place 5 hours away in lovely Monterey, CA / Carmel By The Sea. However, that is just not practical.

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Here's a thought..........is there a such thing as a "holistic" vet tech?

If there is, maybe you could find one of those?

4. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    There is a good one about 2 hours away from you in Atlanta, but I don't know how often you go to the vet. If it were only an occasional thing, it might be worth it. I am about to switch to a holistic vet (tired of my vet constantly trying to prescribe hard core medications to my cat, when I know it is unnecessary, plus I want Cookie to have holistic care) and it is about 45 miles away, but it is totally worth it. I think I would drive up to two hours, since I only go every now and then anyway.

5. Cooper'sMama

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    Oh wow!! Do you have any info on the clinic?

6. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    Yes :)

It's called Loving Touch Animal Center. It is in Stone Mountain, so it is a little out of your way. This is their website:
    http://www.lovingtouchac.com

Seems like they offer both traditional and holistic services. They get great reviews. There is another one called Chateau Animalia that I would beware of. Even in SC, I have heard not so great things from clients that have migrated from Atlanta about them.

However, after some more research, I discovered a place that is relatively new called New Horizons Animal Wellness Center. They seem to be the place to go for holistic care. They are a little closer to you in Columbus, GA. This is their website:

https://www.facebook.com/newhorizonsanimalwellness/timeline

They get five star reviews. Might be worth calling them :)

7. Cooper'sMama

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    Thank you so much!! I'll be calling them Monday!