Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

worrying about a loose dog in the neighborhood

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by JacqueZ, Jul 28, 2014.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I saw a loose dog running around the neighborhood this evening. Tried to get close enough to see the collar, but it was fairly sizeable so I didn't want to be to abrupt in approaching it.

Seems friendly though. Ran through the side streets, across the main road and into a field at the nearby farm.... I went home to get a leash and see if I could get it, but it ran far enough into the field that I couldn't track it.

Biked around to see if anyone was looking for it...no luck. It isn't one I've met personally, but it's possible that I've seen it around. I posted to craigslist describing the dog and where I saw it, tried to contact the humane shelter and the dog warden, neither number worked :rolleyes2: So I emailed the humane shelter.

Poor pup, it's fun and games now, but tonight's going to be cold and it'll be alone...it had a collar and a harness on...I think someones probably missing her...:no:

2. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Ends up the husky had been listed for sale on Craigslist seven hours ago. Someone browsing the pet page spotted both posts and let me know about it. I replied to the for sale post with the info. Hopefully they take the time to find her. If I haven't heard anything by the morning I think I'll contact the farm who's field she was browsing...

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thank you...

JacqueZ, thank you for taking the time to care and to try and help.

Can not think of anything worse than a frighten pup out on his own and alone! Hope you find him soon and there will we a positive outcome!

4. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I'm glad you were able to link it together. Hopefully the doggy wasn't just let out :eek:. My neighbor (who I didn't know) had a dog she would just let wonder. I didn't know it and I made sure to take photos of it with my phone and posted a sighting of it at SPCA, my apartment complex and my vets office. The dog would never come near me enough to put a leash on her either via collar or slip leash, but I did feed her dog treats (stinky salmon jerky) and gave her fresh water every time I saw her.

Thank you for taking the time to look for this doggy. I'm the dog appreciates it very much.

5. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    The fact that the dog had a harness on her as well as a collar makes me hopeful that she wasn't just let go. Also, ends up that the gentleman who linked my post with the earlier one actually was looking at them because he wanted to adopt the husky. I'm going to go out this morning again and see if I can spot her.

If I can get her, she'll at least have a home to go to one way or another.

6. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    Did you catch the husky?

7. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    No. :(

I've not been able to find her again..haven't heard from her owners...although the craigslist ad for her has been taken down. The field she disappeared into is pretty extensive and there are a lot of woods near too, hopefully she's found shelter rather than the freeway ....

8. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Bad thunderstorms in the area tonight too...*worry worry worry!*