Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Collar slipping over head

Discussion in 'Clothing, Leashes & Collars' started by Simba13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Simba13

Simba13 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2014
    Dublin
    I just had a look at them and I see what you mean. I might have a look at them in a pet shop and seeif it would be right for simba.

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

If you are considering this option, then just go with the all in one leash and collar....like show handlers do. We sell a version called London leash. Same idea. Very soft nylon.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I have several of the collar/leash combinations and I don't like them. Again, it's easy for the dog to slip the collar part if you can't tighten the leash connection enough. You have more control with just the collar, and attaching a separate leash to it.

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Found these online -- was just looking for ridiculously soft rolled collars. They have rolled collar buckle version and training version. Elk. Kinda pricey but I was intrigued by the training collar version which is similar to what was shown in nylon. I think they intend for limited slip with the extra buckle part?

http://www.alpenschatz.com/HUNTER_ELK_R-S.htm

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014