Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gypsy is incontinent again!

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 6, 2012.

1. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    at a loss for words, just know you and Gypsy are in my thoughts and prayers
    :hugs

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    When my childhood sheltie's health was really declining at Mom's, I flew home from CA to MO to visit for few days to say goodbye. We sat on the front lawn for a few hours just chilling out, he took a nap on my chest (never did that before), and I just loved on him and spent time with him. I still remember that time as very special and am so glad I did it. I don't know if he knew I was saying goodbye, but he knew he was loved and cherished and enjoyed all the attention in a way he never did before.

Mom had him put down less than a month after I left; she said when he fell down trying to lift his leg to pee that it was time. He was mostly blind and deaf by this time, and Mom was cooking food for him as he wouldn't eat kibble anymore.

This is a special time for Gypsy, when you are saying goodbye to her, and I think she knows it. I also think she will let you know when it is the time for her to go.

3. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Dawn, I am so very sorry, this is not an easy time for you or for Gypsy. She will let you know if it is time. This is so very heartbreaking and makes all of us cry. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

4. famous seamus

famous seamus Forums Enthusiast

Feb 19, 2011
    new jersey
    Aw darn it Dawn, I am so so sorry. Words fail me, really fail me but my love and support are with you, all day long and through the night. You are not alone.

Give baby Gypsy a hug and a sweet kiss from Harper and myself. Keep a hug for yourself Dawn.

Much love,
    Kate

5. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Dawn,

You were there supporting me through Anna's death. If there is anything I can do please IM me. I am sending you my phone number.

You have had your ups and downs with Gypsy, and loved her unconditionally through it all. You have been the best mom in the world to your special needs little girl.

My heart aches for you. Take care, and say good-bye to your lovely pup on your terms.

XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

6. wjo53

wjo53 Forums Enthusiast

All best thoughts for you and your girl. I read through the thread more completely, and am so sorry to hear what you're going through.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  7. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and Gypsy.

8. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Me too Dawn, you and Gypsy have been in my thoughts every day. Hugs to you and pats for Gypsy.