Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Poor pitiful Casey- Envision my sarcasm font

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Jul 10, 2014.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Casey has developed a bad problem. He is unable to jump onto the bed. Well, he is unable to jump onto the bed when the lights are on and DH is in the room. He puts his front legs on the bed and tries to jump up, but he just can't jump high enough. It is so sad to see his sad face and he looks at DH and clicks his toenails until one of us get out of bed to put him onto it. And we are so worried.:no:

But then, when the Belles are outside, and DH is the one letting him out, and the lights are still off, Casey can't take it anymore. He MUST be with his female human. And he quite effortlessly leaps into the bed in a single bound. BUSTED CASEY!:lol:

DH said he thinks Casey wants alone in the bed time. Since he always immediately plants himself in the spot where DH just vacated, I think he wants some "alone with the female human" time.

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Silly Casey...what a ham! :lol:

Trini

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Stairs! When Melli came along the bed got a set of stairs. It helps I have this HUGE rectangular bedroom and have the room for it.

Sneaky sneaky Casey! It's the dog version of "Carry me daddy/mommy!"

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Oh, the drama! Layla does the "Carry me, Mamma" bit, too! :rolleyes2:

5. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Honey is also quite pitiful about the bed. Oh dear, I want up sooo so badly, but it's just so tall...pouty face. But approach the bed with food in your hands and up she goes. :rolleyes2:

Our puppies have us wrapped around their little paws.

(Honey also does the carry me. Always the drama queen,she'll hold her paw up, woefully...so woefully...only to scamper off with no trace of discomfort as soon as she's had enough cuddling)

6. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Sarah here! Casey, you is smart. I know that trick too. I knows how to jump on the bed very well, but Momma doesn't know that! My human sister (Tabitha) doesn't fall for my tricks, but Momma ALWAYS falls for it! Good job Casey, you got your humans wrapped around your pretty little paw!:biggrin2:

7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire really does have problems because he is a mite and gets right up next to the bed trying to jump straight up. If he can get a couple of steps he pops right up there. For a dog that can be so smart at times that is one thing he has never put 2 and 2 together on :lol:

8. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    I bought a new bedroom set a couple of years ago - a sleigh bed on a platform.

The sales lady was trying to tell me that I didn't need a box spring, but I told her that I had to have the box spring for height, to keep 6 dogs out of my bed at night! There wouldn't be room for me if they all could hop up into my bed.

The bed height does not deter Wild Child Jonesie Dream from hopping to bed with me, but at least she doesn't take up much room.

Tres has a habit of pushing on my mattress at night, if he hears thunder . . . sometimes I wish I had a lower bed so he could just get in bed and quit trying to rock me to sleep!