Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hills prescription liver vs Royal Canin liver food..is one better?

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Chase&Connor, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    In my experience, Purina makes the best veterinary foods, then Royal Canin, and the Science Diet sawdust and corn diets come last.

Both Purina and Royal Canin are vertically integrated, so they have much better control over the ingredients and processes.

2. dogcatmom02

dogcatmom02 Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    york,pa
    Junior was diagnosed at age 7. He was on meds for the first 6 months and his levels returned to normal. One of my co-workers shows dogs and told me about milk thistle and Same. He did not go back on meds until almost age 13. He went on the food about 2 months later. We did not lose him to liver disease but he developed kidney disease quickly and went into kidney failure. Junior did not have symptoms at the time of diagnosis. We had blood work done before a dental procedure. Had we not had the blood work done we might have lost him at a younger age. I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your baby. Kim