Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Update on pregnant Spider

Discussion in 'General Health' started by sheltieluvr6, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sheltieluvr6

sheltieluvr6 Forums Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2011
    California
    I know I haven't been on in a very long time. School definitely has been keeping me busy. But the good news is that the school year is passing by rather quickly and I feel May will come in no time at all. I have great news though!

The breeder just emailed me the other day saying that the mother, Spider, is showing signs of a healthy pregnancy. She just got over her morning sickness and hasn't had an appetite for breakfast in 4 days (Which I guess is a good sign? Poor thing). She also told me that her belly is getting rather big! Also, her coat is growing out very soft. The pups are expected to be born near my birthday at the end of the March which just makes me that more excited. It was hilarious when I got the email. I sort of did a happy dance. Anyways, I have a few questions about pregnancy and such. For now, that is :lol:

1) Are these good signs to expect in pregnancy?
    2) How many puppies are common to be born to a 13 1/4 inch female sheltie?