Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

About What Age Did Your Pup Mellow out?

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by MissieLynn, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Zak has always been a mellow boy- but he gets more excited when he feels he has a job to do.
    Maggie - was always active took her to around 2 to not have the puppy crazy's but even then she was always active on the go even at 15 but when she got to 17 she really slowed down. Zak misses her and it was his job to watch over her.

2. MissieLynn

MissieLynn Forums Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Wow, it really is different for every pup. I don't think any are the same!

I do think they can read, though, as Emmy has started to relax a lot more lately and the past few days has snoozed on the couch next to me while I've been reading! :lol:

3. Katagaria

Katagaria Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2012
    Ireland
    Cosmo mellowed out a little while after we got Jet! He was probably about 6 months old, he might have mellowed out a bit more after he got neutered too.

Jet never mellowed because if he got any more mellow he would be technically unconscious.

4. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    My first sheltie in the states was born mellow, I swear, he was an old man in a puppies suit. LOL.

Now, Laddie on the other hand is 14 months and hyper as ever, his sister, Bella is calmer however, and if he does not bother her she is an angel.

5. nestewart123

nestewart123 Forums Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Slowing down?

Mac is two and a walk or 30 minutes of fetching and catching just warms him up. Luckily, if I can ignore the pleading depthless brown eyes for 20 minutes or so, Mac will take it someplace else, wait for a while, then try again. He has always been an early to bed kind of guy ... Usually about 7 - 8pm or so, I will notice he is not under foot, then find him on my bed snoozing and pretty much turned in for the night. Then he sleeps in until whenever I get up, be it 4:30 or 7:30 am. I do notice that he has more attention span now when we are practicing our manners. That has only been apparent for about the last 3-4 months. So I guess the magic age for us was turning 2, in early November.