Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

2014 AKC National Agility Championship

Discussion in 'Agility' started by ortegah, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ortegah

ortegah Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I was told by numerous people that Harrisburg, PA has put in a bid for the 2014 AKC National Agility Championship! I sure hope they get it! That would mean that I gotta get my butt on fire and ready to go! Qualifying period would start this December! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

2. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    2014 AKC nationals

That would be awesome if they get it.I could go watch.You can do it Heather!!Go for it!!

3. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    I gotta get my fast dog out of Novice... :)

4. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    2014 AKC Nationals

I have to get mine out of Open!!!

5. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    That would be exciting- my parents live close by (I guess it would be at the farm show complex?) so we could go watch without having to cough up for a hotel!

6. ortegah

ortegah Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah we'll see. Right now I get thrilled if I Q more than once in a weekend. To do it twice in a day over and over might give me a coronary! :biggrin2:

You can do it! It's not like you don't have access to lots of shows :wink2:

You can do it too! Hehe :)

Yeah I'm guessing it would be the farm show complex. I haven't been there since the Harrisburg Heat(Indoor Soccer) played there.

7. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    It's close to my limit on what I will drive, but no worse than Tulsa. I imagine I could qualify Athena and Kai. Maybe Aurora or Ember as well.

8. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    2014 AKC Nationals will be in Harrisburg, PA!!!

9. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    Athena is qualified already, so we're going :) A few more points and 1 QQ and Kai will be qualified to go as well.

10. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Ignoring the fact that I still need to 1 more leg each to finish Edan's AX and AXJ, what are the qualification requirements for AKC Nationals?

(As for Edan's AX and AXJ, I HOPE to finish them up soon. Unfortunately I can't enter him in the trial in mid-May because my FIL is coming to visit and can only do one day over Memorial Day weekend weekend trial.)