Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

lumpy face from teething?

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Hannah, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes and for sharing your similar experiences. This is such a helpful forum!

Pepper is her lively, hyperactive self this morning and the swelling has gone down considerably. There is nothing worse than seeing your rambunctious puppy all quiet and flat!

Yes Cara, Australia has some horrors! ...but I think whatever it was on the lower end of the nasty scale, thankfully!

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Good news that Pepper is back to being her happy go lucky self! It is always scary when they have something wrong...until we know for sure they will do OK.

Trini

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Do keep an eye on her...

I'm having déjà vue with my Bacca. Woke up and his mouth was lips were swollen and his glands inflated. Brought him to emerge. They started talking cancer! He was only just over a year old.

It did prompt blood work and we found he was hypothyroid. I never was able to connect the dots to that initial swelling. One vet suggested that it was related. All I know is that it made for an early diagnosis of hypo, which ultimately led to an early diagnosis of his liver dysfunction. It probably prolonged his life by a couple of years. Though he died this spring at age 6

4. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Thanks for sharing that Barb, I'll keep an eye on her for sure. I'm very sorry to hear about what you went through with Bacca.