Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Tags and collars

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Cooper'sMama, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Just keep in minds, collars can get lost. Tags can get lost. Microchips are not always scanned by the vets/shelters. Some microchips need to be updated yearly (there is one I am aware of in the US that has a yearly fee). Not every vet/shelter has a universal scanner. Sometimes microchips can migrate. We do all we can to keep our pups safe.

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca has a blue or green one of these http://www.rescuepetstore.com/produ...938_a_7c3657&gclid=CM--zNvh4L4CFetlOgod-kgAbA

Spitfire just has a red one that I got at petsmart

Both guys have Cleanrun Comfortflex harnesses for flyball and Spitfire also has a K9 harness (he likes it less).

In the year they go starkers but at flyball they always have at least a collar and both while running. Oh and at Mom and Dad's they have collars on.

3. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    Where can I order a very thin/light chain. All the chains at pet stores are pretty thick

4. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    I have a 3/4 inch nylon buckle collar on Riley. I have a slide on tag I got from http://www.boomerangtags.com/store/list.php?A=G&ID=5. Riley gets crated at night or when he is home alone so I wanted a tag I didn't have to worry about getting caught in the crate. On the tag I have:

"Riley
    home phone
    cell phone
    microchipped
    Med alert - mdr1"

If I go places where there are a lot of other people/dogs I put a different collar on that has his tags (id, rabies, akc microchip # & mdr1 med alert) on. If I forget the other collar, I always carry a copy of his rabies certificate in my purse. Once he is out of the crate I would like to get a rolled leather collar.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  5. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    I got mine at Petsmart. It was 22 inches, I believe; not sure about the gauge, but it's lighter than the 3-mm 18-inch one I got for him previously, which he outgrew.

6. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga