Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

AKC Community Canine

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by Jess041, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    It sounds interesting. Neither of my dogs would pass it though. Ruutu is all about pulling the leash. Honey is reactive. Maybe some day.

3. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Oh Missy wouldn't pass either... not right now. We would have to do a lot of work to get her to pass a couple of those sections. Some of them would be really easy, but others would be like, whoa.. no way lol.

4. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    Yeah, Ruutu could do everything but the pulling one. :lol: He even sits when I stop, he just loves to pull. Heeling and him aren't friends, unless you know, food is involved :rolleyes2:

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    must be new...
    Happy and Callie were tested at a pet store- pretty real life...
    Callie was retested at a dog show and passed.
    Cran and Dix were tested at a dog show but in a ring set aside for it. we did have to walk through the show to the ring- that should count for something.....

gotta get started on getting Jocu and Destin ready for the next time that one comes up......

6. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Add Laddie to the "pulling" list. LOL, our dogs should start a sled dog team, sounds like they would do great. Other than that, he would probably do OK, I think our "puppy kindergarten" here that I have been attending is like a CGC training class, seems more advanced than what I thought kindergarten should be.

7. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    I just finished a review class with Sir Dash and the instructor was talking about it. It is brand new and she is working on arrangements for the test to be given.she had just received the information from AKC.

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    vBulletin Message

Good morning everyone. I have a question I was hoping one of you could answer for me please. I was reading the SN Forums and wanted to read Shaking like a leaf and Fuming Mad. When I clicked on it I was given a message that stated, "You don't have permission to access this page". I've never received this before and am not sure what I am looking at. If anyone can enlighten me I would appreciate it. Thanks all.

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you should post this in the tech support section....
    given that- you should be able to read any thread- signed in or not. pictures and replying would not be available if you aren't signed in.
    but you can come on as a guest and read posts.......

10. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Calliesmom, thank you for the information, I was signed in, that is why it was puzzling to me, but I will send on to tech support and try to figure out the issue. Thank you again, hope you have a good weekend.