Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Club Picnic

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Calliesmom, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    well, Jocu got to go to his first dog club picnic today.
    Cran has been the last 3 summers and Dix the last 2. she didn't come home in time to attend their first summer.

so it was Jocu's first time near a body of water- not quite as in to it as Cran but he was thinking about it:winkgrin:
    there's pix and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4OmG8IQlg&feature=youtu.be

2. xerospin

xerospin Forums Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2010
    Taiwan
    haha cran is having a blast! Jocu did well for the first time in water too! surprisingly it wasnt a sheltie that kept on barking? :lol:

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we had a real mixed bag of breeds- BC, aussie, irish setter, english setter, lab/mixes, doxie, chihuahua, papillon, dalmatian, doberman, mini schnauzer, etc.

I think the one english setter was trying to get his sister bc out of the dangerous water....:winkgrin:

Jocu did bark when I had all three in the xpen while we were eating- he was trying to get Cran to play with him but Cran was focused elsewhere...

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Looks like LODES of fun:biggrin2:! Last time we were at the lake was when we still had Dixie. She loved to jump in and bark at the wakes the boats made as they went past! It was hilarious! :lol:

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I love those water shelties :biggrin2:.Did Jocu go out any further than in the video? Missy just likes to go out far enough for her to lay down and get her belly wet.. silly dog.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    no- Jocu did not go far enough out to get completely wet. I think he wouldn't even have gotten that far out if Cran wasn't out there......:winkgrin: