Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

"HIS HONOR the CHIP" 6 months-5 days

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by ferg, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    This beautiful PUP/Half grown, jerks a slight tear every day. Photographing him isn't as easy as it was while he was a "wee lad".

CHIP is in his slightly "Bull-Headed" time in life and he insists on eating his poop if he can find it. Hasn't made a mess in the house, other than one time while he was so sick. He has found a new and invigorating energy since recovering from his "Rope" incident. We only wish we could tap that boundless energy for ourselves.

Very few things excite him to bark. Playing, squirrel on the deck or porch, strange dog on the street, and you would never guess what happened last night. Bill and Gloria Gaither had a program on TV featuring "Tennessee Ernie Ford" in his prime.
    CHIP jumped up, stood in front of the TV, barked and whined at Ernie no matter if he was singing or not. He was totally mesmerized for a good ten minutes. You can imagine most anything for what he was thinking.

Took him for a good 45 minute ride this afternoon without meds, he didn't get sick. I want him to ride in the truck with me. It has been years and years since one of our dogs liked riding.

I am enclosing four more photos of CHIP.

No.1: His favorite pass-time in the yard, fetching with a stick.

No.2: Alerted to a squirrel.

No. 3: Were you calling me Daddy?

No. 4: Viewing flowers. He smells all of them.

CHIP'S hair is growing longer every day along with the "fuzz" in and around his ears. That is going to get trimmed when he sees 7 months. We have a Grand
    Niece who grooms dogs.

Still on IAMS Puppy with Chicken. He is doing so well we can see no reason to change for a few months anyway. Height is down to 14", weight is 19 pounds 12 oz. Chest is getting noticeably wider from side to side, head is maturing and getting larger. His understanding of the spoken word/commands is improving and increasing in number. I understand they shrink a little in height as their chest begins to expand.

He will likely go for his surgery this next week. Will need to baby him a little more. LOL!

Hope you enjoy the photos of our beautiful young gentleman.

Attached Files:

2. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    What a fun little boy. I remember my boys at his age. Simply precious.

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Wow! He's all grown up! Gorgeous coat and happy happy dog.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    What a fantastic coat he is growing! He sure is a handsome guy.

Trini

5. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    He is a very handsome young man!

6. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Chip is very good looking--getting one heck of a coat!
    I hope for your sake he likes riding--only one of five of my shelties actually liked the car :sadsmile: I too wanted a pup that wanted to go for a ride.
    Can't say as I blame Chip, Tennessee Ernie made me whine too! :lol:

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    I watched Tennessee Ernie Ford last night too, maybe Chip just likes the sound of that smooth voice. I can see the changes in your baby boy as he is maturing into teens and adulthood, apparently he is going to be very strong willed and will test you at every corner, but isn't that another of the many reasons we love these baby's so?

8. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    I'm glad he's doing so well after his rope incident! He sure is a good looking young man! I hope too he will eventually be able to ride with you. Watson is hit or miss on riding... he can take a little while to settle down but only ever got car sick once as a pup... actually, he was about 9 months- shortly after we brought him home. I'm finding lately that if he's harnessed next to me in the front seat he curls right up and generally takes to napping.

9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Chip looks so grown up! Suddenly, they aren't puppies any more :( -- except in their behavior! :lol: He's growing up to be a very handsome boy who looks full of fun. Enjoy him!

10. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    He looks fantastic! What a handsome companion you have! Good luck with the car!