Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from the burbs of Chi-town!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Mindlessbear, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Mindlessbear

Mindlessbear Forums Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Illinois
    Hey everyone! Just joined. I'm planning on getting a sheltie in the fall. I've had 4 in my lifetime. My first I showed as a child in amateur shows and won trophies and ribbons in best tricks and best of show! That was my introduction to the dog world! My second was a wonderful (but ill) house pet. My third I got while I was an assistant trainer at an obedience school, and he was my demo dog, and he loved agility. He had a few issues but was a sweetheart. My fourth I didn't have long. I had to, unfortunately, rehome her when I moved out of my marital home and into my own apartment. I lost a beloved mixed-breed in February of this year who was 16. He was a sweetie, but not a sheltie. I just recently had reconstructive foot surgery, so getting a dog this very minute (as much as my heart tells me to) would be a bad idea. But by fall I'll be up and running and ready to take on the extreme love (and the chewing woes) of a sheltie pup! I just started researching breeders in my area to start interviews and inspections! So, here's a big wave and howdy-do!!!!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome!! Are you getting a puppy?

3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Hello from Arizona! Hope your foot heals quickly and you have your new Sheltie soon!

4. Mindlessbear

Jun 12, 2014
    Illinois
    Yeah... I plan on getting a puppy. I prefer it that way... being able to train from the ground up. I get my stitches out of my foot tomorrow and can start transitioning into a gym shoe next week out of the orthopedic boot! I can't wait! I haven't been able to walk like a normal person for 9 months because of severe pain. I want to be able to lap old ladies again (because they have been able to lap me for months!!!)

5. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your puppy search!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Welcome:smile2:
    we do love pix- especially puppy pix:yes:

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome to SN...and here's to good foot healing, leaving old ladies "in the dust" again and an exciting search for a new Sheltie puppy!! You have a lot to look forward to. :smile2:

Trini

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hello and welcome to Sheltie Nation. I'm sorry to hear of your medical issues but glad to hear you seem to be mending quickly and successfully. I am one of those old ladies of which you speak and I will be excited to see you "leave us in your dust"! We love pictures here and will look forward to you posting your new future family member, we will be watching for your updates.

9. Mindlessbear

Jun 12, 2014
    Illinois
    Lol Sullivan... my new husband (we've been married a bit over a month) made the comment to me. Right before the surgery, there was a woman, about 80 in age, pushing a stroller down our street. She was impossibly slow! He said, see, you'll be lapping old ladies in no time. I was truly insulted. The next say we went to the mall and I realized the elderly people in the mall had to keep going around me! :eek2: