Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The big snip!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Megansmom, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    Puppy Toby goes in next Tuesday for neutering.. He will be a little over 6 months old, he turns 7 months on the 25th.

I wanted to wait until he was 7 months, but the humpy thing is starting, jumping, and the "puppy making stuff" is leaking out :ick. I have been working with him on the jumping, but the "stuff" coming out, I can't stop that..

Fun stuff huh!

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I hope it all goes well!

3. Dexter'sMom

Dexter'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    :fl I am sure all will go well ...and he will be good as new in no time at all, just without the leaks .... :hide

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Amazing -- I never noticed "puppy stuff" with Beckers (who stills isn't neutered).

5. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    It is likely smegma. It comes from the sheath and if it is clear/white or light yellow it is normal. Most dogs clean it off themselves and one never sees it. You can see it even in neutered dogs but it is a little heavier in intact males.

If it is heavy in amount and green/bloody they could have a sheath infection, foreign body, urethra infection prostate infection or any number of things. Unless he is ,ah um, aroused, it is likely not "puppy making" stuff.

6. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Dr. Shelli it's the lovely clear/white or light yellow stuff :ick. He does clean it off himself, but still..

My previous boy "Tyler" who was neutered, seldom if ever leaked that kind of stuff :rolleyes2:.