Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

3yr. old in HIGH KILL SHELTER IN CA.

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by dawns2shelties, Sep 2, 2011.

1. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

2. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I googled California Sheltie rescue and came across a rescue in South California. I just sent them an email with this dog's information.

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    I am praying some of our California forum members are close by this high kill shelter.

4. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I'm very close. What should I do? Have you heard back from the rescue?

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I would call the rescue--try to get someone on the phone and see if they are able to pick him up and take him in. If not, offer to pick him up yourself to bring him in.

If you can't get a hold of the rescue, I would call the shelter. See if he is still there and if they have heard from any rescue groups. Usually shelters want to see dogs go to rescue, and they may "extend" his time if they know that someone is working out the details of his adoption.

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Dawn, please the call rescue....
    this place only has a 4 day hold!
    Not even sure when they are open over the holiday weekend.
    I even saw reviews were the shelter hasn't held animals for rescues and killed them instead :mad:

there are phone numbers on this webpage <http://www.adoptasheltie.com/>

I'd drive down myself if needed (I'm 5-6 hour away).

7. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I called the first name on the rescue list. Had to leave a message. I'll call the next two and the shelter.

8. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    OK...so I called all three names on the rescue list and left messages. I called the shelter. They picked him up stray in Rialto, CA. yesterday. They have to hold him until the 7th for the owners to have a chance to come pick him up. (it's longer than usual because of the holiday) They have sheltie organizations that are in close contact with them. He will go up for adoption on the 7th and will be available until the 10th. I gave them my number as a back up so if no owner shows up and no rescue takes him in they will call me to come and get him.

I'm going to continue to look for and notify rescues in our area. I will stay in close touch with the shelter to make certain nothing bad happens to this guy.

9. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I'm so happy you called and thanks for updating us! If you don't hear from them by the 10th, give them a call. City shelters are very busy and often lose things. Don't wait for them to give you a call because then it could be too late.

10. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    No...I will be calling everyday that the shelter is open. The girl I spoke to was very nice. She said this guy is very sweet. She seemed genuinely interested in helping him out. I'll give you an update daily. Hopefully the owner will come to get him....or not...if they aren't taking good care of him.