Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Mounting

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Simba13, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I have heard tales of the wee willie winkie that won't go back. Shay usually retracts on command. I imagine we will come to this problem having watched Cubby this morning, although the mortified NO I shouted at Cubby with the hip action might just get through that pointy little head. I don't know if neuter will make that much of a difference. I see Shay's often. I am thinking Cubby is getting the snip when dog school breaks for the holidays for a few weeks.

2. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    My plan was to wait until Baker was a year before the neuter. Don't know if earlier will help the current issue...

3. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    My little stud muffin seems to only mount Uncle Justus. Poor Uncle Justus, I'm trying to discipline the little snot - Justus has not done much about it ~ yet.

Boys will be boys... but I don't think anyone else will put up with it. And... Barbie humps Justus' head too so it isn't just the boys!

4. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    humping

For those who do not know.....

When a male dog mounts the female to breed they will "TIE". The penis has a knot part way back from the end that forms to hold the male to the female.

Thus, they TIE. If they didn't do this there would probably be very few dogs around.

When their stimulation subsides the knot disappears and everything returns to normal.

PS: A cold bucket of water will hasten the descent. Poured on the male of course. LOL

BTW: It is not unusual for female animals to hump. Their hormones are raging. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014