Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Horrible scare

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Nov 18, 2013.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    And not just talking about yesterday's tornadoes. I hate when the name of my town keeps getting mentioned on the news followed by, "TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY." We had the most difficult time getting the dogs into the basement yesterday. We had to carry little Annabelle down those stupid stairs four times. I don't know if the cinderblock and cement were making the sirens echo too much for their ears or what, but they did NOT want to be down there. But we weathered that yesterday, and all were fine.

Then this morning, we let the dogs out as usual. I opened the door and in came four, Bonnie is usually last, so I wasn't scared yet. I turned on the light so she could know it's time to come inside. She still didn't. So I poked my head out to see where she was. I heard a horrible sound and thought she was having a hard time breathing. I finally saw her. She had fallen onto her back and was wedged in the four inch space between the fence and our patio. All four feet were in the air, and she was almost screaming in fear. I threw on the closest pair of shoes and went out to get her out of there. And now I'm worried that she isn't getting around as well as I thought she was.

2. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    Praying for God's protection to all in your area. Praying that Bonnie is back to her usual self very soon.

3. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    What a horrible experience (both the tornadoes and Bonnie's fall) for you all. I'm glad you are ok now and you weren't badly hit by the storms. I take it Bonnie is an older dog?

4. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Thank you. Yes, Bonnie will be 17 in about 2 weeks.

5. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Ai

Oh, wow! That sure was a close call. I'm very glad for you both that you got to her when you did.
    I have a 13 yr old and she is always the last in....I only wait a couple of minutes and then I go out to check on her...just in case she has run into a problem.

6. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    17, bless her! Hope she is okay.

7. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I hope she is ok, are you taking her to vet just in case?

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Oh bless her! No wonder you were worried. I worry when I can't see my boys in the garden when it is dark.

9. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Wow, God bless Bonnie and you both, what a treasure. 17 wonderful years and still counting, I am praying for your home, town and your furbabies. How terrifying that must have been for all of you, the storms and Bonnie's fall. Please keep us posted.

10. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    So sorry you've all had to go through such a clump of stress, glad to hear you are okay and the pups. xxx