Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please help, i found a large bubble/sore/lump

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Lacey'sMamma, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Sending prayers all will be well.

2. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Sending good thoughts to Lacey and your family. Hopefully it's just something like a small infection caused by a scratch or something like that easy to get rid of with ointment or antibiotics.

3. Lacey'sMamma

Lacey'sMamma Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2010
    Brandon MB, Canada

Thanks alot for all your nice thoughts. I will update after the vet. She is my bestfriend. Best dog i could ask for, shes sleeping on my chest right now lol. Biggest sweetheart i know. Shes only 2 years old. Im hoping its nothing serious. And no it dosnt look like the sore in those photos. Its not open at all. Its more of a smooth bubble, with some dry skin flakes. Ill try and take a photo of it. Thanks again guys :)

4. Lacey'sMamma

Aug 29, 2010
    Brandon MB, Canada
  5. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    It looks like maybe a bug bite of some sort....but it is best to have the vet check it out tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

6. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Looks like a staph bacterial lesion, abscess , maybe a tick bite or other insect bite. Hard to tell from photos.

Diffenitely get the vet to look at it. Hope it turns out to be nothing major.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Yeah, that looks like something acute: bite, infected cut. Nothing like a fatty cyst.

8. Lacey'sMamma

Aug 29, 2010
    Brandon MB, Canada

Just an update, the vet said its just a cyst. So they cliped around it and cleaned it up. They toke a biopsy of it and she will need it removed. Im very thankful to have a healthy dog. Thanks for all the response guys.

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Wow -- I have never been so glad to be so wrong!!! When are you having it removed?

10. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    That's great that its just a cyst. I thought that it looked a lot like the one that Sadie had in its early stages, but it was hard to tell from your photo so I didn't want to say anything.

As far a surgeries go, its a pretty easy one. Sadie had hers removed from just under her eye and healed really well and never seemed to cause her any discomfort. I'm sure Lacey's surgery and recovery will be just as easy.

Here are a couple of photos, if you're interested. I don't have photos of it in its earliest stage and only took one of her face when it was healing, because it healed so fast. If there's a scar its so small you can't even tell.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100567...stAndCystRemoval?authkey=Gv1sRgCOTLmMPw4JLwdw

btw, there was someone on the forums in the past month or two who had the same kind of cyst. I think they saw results by treating it with something homeopathic. I'll see if I can find the post.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012