Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

One year on..

Discussion in 'Agility' started by seashel, Nov 18, 2013.

1. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    We've just had our first training session after a 4 week break due to lousy weather and although I predicted control issues for Epic (and the BC I handle) both dogs were actually surprisingly good. I realised we have now been doing agility for a whole year so thought it would be fun to look back at how we started out and do a then and now comparison:
    http://youtu.be/5dqP6M3wyZw

We've not had a clear round yet and my handling still makes me cringe when I watch the videos back but hopefully we will continue to progress as a team and next year actually start competing :razz:

I've learned more about dogs and training over the last 12 months than I have in the last 12 years - as a learning curve it's been Mt Everest!

When we started Epic couldn't do any kind of wait and I wasn't sure he would be steady enough around other dogs even to go to a show - agility has helped overcome both these challenges. Just being able to take him to a small indoor venue and have a confident happy run with no reactivity to the other dogs has been beyond what I could have hoped for. :biggrin2:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Excellent, I can't believe that you guys haven't had a clear round yet, from the looks of the video it will come soon for sure. Well done team, good job both of you. The rear on the Frame went very nice , weaves look solid, and the contacts look good nice progress for a year of hard work.

3. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    You have come a long way and should be very proud of yourself and Epic:biggrin2: I still want to steal him!

BTW, loved the serpentines, I love doing jumps like that:wink2:

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    It's really neat to look back and see how far you've come. I'm with Robin, your clean round is coming soon, I can feel it. Your work with Epic both on and off the course are evident, and I can't wait to see your accomplishments in the years to come!

5. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    am slowly starting to cringe less when I see my videotaped handling:smile2:
    it is a wonderful journey to have!
    Like very much your memory line and hooray to all successes!

6. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Thank you for the lovely replies - having never taken this journey before I have no benchmark for progress. We've just had so much fun this year, I can't believe that at one time I thought it really wasn't something the dogs or I would enjoy! :lol:

There's one thing that hasn't improved though and that is the state of the grass in my back garden! :rolleyes2:

7. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    I have come to the conclusion grass is optional in agility gardens!