Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

USDAA Moving-up Question

Discussion in 'Agility' started by k9kreationz, Apr 5, 2012.

1. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
  2. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm pretty sure this is correct. It's one of the either to move up. Either get the PD title, or get 3 Q's in each game other than Standard. Something like that.
    What??!! Are you serious? BTW, I love the "gaah" icon now. It's so fitting here on agility a lot.lol.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I would move up in everything if Koji were my dog UNLESS one of these things is true:

1--You don't feel like you understand the rules of Snooker
    2--You will feel totally discouraged if you are in Advanced Gamblers, for example, for several years. I moved Bentley up to Masters Gamblers as soon as he had his AAD (meaning 3 Standard Qs, and 1 in the games) even though I knew it would mean not Qing in that event for a long, long time (again, in our example, he got his last Gamblers Q 14 months ago).

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Cheryl is correct on the first part.

The second part, to be honest, I've never even though about. I guess because we do USDAA so often that I never had to think about it because we ran under so many different judges. Sort of makes me nervous. I think maybe it's time to get the USDAA title tracker from USDAA.com!

5. Sealtainn

Sealtainn Forums Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2011
    california
    Just be sure that when you do move up that you have everything that USDAA requires. I agree it isn't plainly obvious. Any Q you get at the next level will become null & void if USDAA disagrees with your calculations.

6. k9kreationz

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks Ashley. I'm assuming if, let's say I get his title (3 standard, 1 in each game), I don't have to move him up in Gamblers? I can stay in Starters for a bit longer for that one, but work on my Advanced Q's in everything else?

I know I'm not doing a lot of USDAA, but I'm making a game plan. I guess I'll need to read the Snooker rules for Advanced when I move up. I guess I didn't think there'd be different rules. Yikes.

Thanks for the feedback.

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Yep, exactly.

8. k9kreationz

Oct 24, 2008
    Does this mean you know ppl who got screwed? Yikes! I don't want to have to pay for the tracker. Well, maybe when I get to that point, I won't mind. For now, I'm just focusing on AKC. USDAA will become my main venue after I get my MACH. Until then, I'll probably just get the 3 Q's in each class before moving up, versus moving up with the PD title only. Saves me some heartbreak if I didn't have everything in order.

9. Sealtainn

Sealtainn Forums Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2011
    california
    Mistakes can happen on either end, and in any venue. Yes, I know some whom this has happened. It shouldn't deter you from moving up if that's what you want to do. If you do, I recommend being fully aware of your records & what Q's you need in advance.
    You can check online with USDAA if you have paid for data services.
    Think that is about $25 a year.