Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from New York

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Operalene, May 10, 2014.

1. Operalene

Operalene Forums Novice

May 10, 2014
    New York
    New member saying Hi! I currently have 3 shelties and a yorkie- Patrick, 6 year old blue merle, Finn, 7 year old sable and Amy, 7 year old red merle, and yorkie Jock who is 1. We just lost our beloved Kelley at age 14, a tri, this past week. I do some rescue work and have placed some shelties from a kennel that does breed competition and breeding and two of mine (Finn and Amy) are dogs from the kennel who wound up staying with me. Amy has only been here 5 weeks after being retired from the show ring and a subsequent life of breeding. She was in a trial home for 7 days which proved unsuitable so we wound up keeping her here. She is the oldest kennel dog I ever took in and she adapted to the life of a companion dog in no time. Still a little nervous and hates thunderstorms which we need to deal with but otherwise coming along amazingly well. We all like hiking and agility.

Warm regards, Arlene

2. AusnAsh

AusnAsh Forums Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Bay Area
    Welcome to the forums Arlene and family! I'm so sorry to hear about Kelley. She lived a great, long life from the sounds of it. But still, I know how difficult that is. I'm glad you have such a big group of dogs. That makes it more bearable sometimes. Can't wait to see pictures of your shelties - and your yorkie! :winkgrin:

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome from the total opposite of the country -- Smack dab in the center of California! Can't wait to see pix of the pack.

4. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to Sheltie Nation! Trust me, you're going to love it here.

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Welcome from the Arizona desert!

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome to Sheltie Nation, you have found the best site ever for anything you need. From the sounds of your post I'd say you have a pretty good handle on all things Sheltie, LOL, but still a great place for sharing, fellowship, sympathy or just some place to vent and finally, just plain old fun. Can't wait to see pictures of your pack. :biggrin2:

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome from Northern Virginia!

9. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast