Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Now why did she have to tell me that?

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by labgirl, Apr 17, 2012.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Oh pooh sticks! I sent some new photos and an update on Merlin to his breeder yesterday and she was so pleased to hear about what we get up to and then told me she is planning to mate Skyla, Merlin's sister and also a blue merle, to her tri stud Toby around her next season, and is hoping for more beautiful blue babies.

I get the feeling she thinks I might be interested:lol: Oh gosh, and if there was a tri I would be so tempted, it would be Merlin's nephew or niece, wouldn't it?

But I promised no more pups until 2014! Oh, oh, oh.... why is life so hard!!:gaah

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    just because she plans a breeding doesn't mean that there will be the right puppy for you- or even puppies at all.
    someone I know is on attempt 2 to get puppies from her girl..........

3. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    That is very true, I must not start thinking too hard:wink2:

4. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    oh no, why would we enable you to get another puppy, when SOME of us haven't even got two!!! lol
    :pop
    let's see when you get number 3 :fl lol
    can't wait to see the pics :D

5. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Ahaha she is cruel!!!! :lol: I understand what you mean, I say no puppy until at least 2 years and maybe later depending if we are trying to have kids by then, but suddenly I stumble upon a rescue I love or an upcoming litter from a breeder I like and it's back to can/should we/we probably could righttttt!?!?!

It's a dangerous game but as of now I am still winning the ''not yet'' battle. I dunno what I would do if a Tricolor puppy from a good breeder was offered out to me though. That would be a toughy!

Good luck if she starts sending you pictures once the litter comes! Oh well if the puppies come in 2013 it isn't that far away from 2014.... just 12 months off your target next dog date. I'm sure lots of people on here have gotten a Sheltie years and years before their planned next dog date :lol:!

6. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Becareful that's how it starts.

I had Justice and his littersister had puppies which included a bi blue. Oh geez, I always wanted a bi blue. Oh really? goes the breeder and suddenly you have a house full. :wink2::lol:

7. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    LOL... I heard that my boy's mom is being bred and I start thinking... DEPOSIT! :) Not that I need dog number 4... but I do need a blue sheltie to complete my rainbow... :D

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    My advice? Avoid pictures at all costs! :lol:

Oh, and by the way...good luck--ha!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    get moving already- only one sheltie:razz::lol:
    -find that new pup:winkgrin:

10. rosesandlace