Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Vomiting :0

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Miss, Nov 19, 2013.

1. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    Interesting thread. Just a question about some of the responses. What would suggest from the OP that perhaps the water or rabbit poo could be possible culprits? Since the OP didn't mention rabbits or suggest that there was a problem with water (drinking more/less or reacting to the water), I am curious as to what prompted the responses.

2. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Sometimes it's just a case of puppy eats and then runs around. If it continues, it will irritate the esophagus and you will see blood in it.
    There are many reasons for a dog to vomit regularly. Some are anatomical, some are disease process/parasites and sometimes it is environment. Parasites are hard to eradicate in a litter environment because as fast as the breeder deworms, they lick each other and reinfect themselves. Roundworms, the usual culprit, are often dormantly stationed in the mom until she becomes pregnant. This activates them and they are passed to the fetuses during development. That is why most puppies are born with them. If everything else is okay on bloodwork and examination, you might want to deworm now and 10 days later to make sure the little monsters are gone.

3. Miss

Miss Forums Regular

Nov 9, 2013
    Australia
    Thanks for your advice guys :) I will try the rice and chicken, but shouldn't I change him over gradually? I will also do the fecal. I did try him on the non softened kibble, but the vet said that could be the issue, so I soften it now. His water is changed regularly and is kept inside. He is generally an inside boy. And yes he did vomit last nyt :( and yes he is running around playing and ate his breaky like usual today , he's a happy little man :)