Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Returning to the Barkham Asylum this weekend

Discussion in 'Flyball' started by SheepOfBlue, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I've been in the flyball world for almost 2 years now, and they are the friendliest group of people I've ever been around. Yes, there are personality conflicts every once in a while and that leads to people changing clubs or starting new ones, but I wouldn't describe any of the people in my region as "morally bankrupt" and that's certainly not how I would describe myself. A lot of people in my region are actively involved in rescue, and I've never heard anything about abuse or neglect of animals. Maybe I'm naïve because I've only been doing this for a short period of time compared to everyone else. But I can tell you, I wouldn't continue to participate in flyball if there was something going on I didn't agree with.

If you would like to move to Texas and get involved with a flyball club here, you would be welcomed with open arms! And we also have quite a few people who participate in both flyball and agility as well. And dock diving is pretty big too.

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca was better but we limited him to one team. He is headed to the vet for a complete check up as I am concerned about his loss of speed the last couple tournaments. He is not showing any signs of pain but you know how these guys can be. Better to have him thoroughly checked :cry:

Otherwise he was good he only dropped one ball and actually went back around to get it and through the jumps so no penalty :yes: My feet are still sore :eek:

3. Jess041

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Praying Sca is ok!

4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I had a rough weekend, sent home from work early on Friday with a fever and still having fever off and on. I am so ready to take care of this, but it will be alot cheaper to do it scheduled versus ER ... only a few more days till I'm cleared and ready to schedule with surgeon.

Leslie reports that a lot of fun and that box loading is um... fun. :) She said she had a few mis-Q's but it's all part of the experience making.

Looking forward to tagging along when I feel better and just maybe Justus will be able to do a box turn by then... our club is going to buy a box.

5. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Sorry to here you are doing poorly :no:

The box loader is never wrong :lol: It can be tough and I don't do as much guest box loading as I used to but that is even tougher as you don't know the dogs.

Get healed up and give Justus a pet from me.

Jess:
    I don't think it is anything major as he is acting his normal self other than maybe holding still a second longer to be petted (I think that is jealousy as much as anything as Spitfire loves to get petted). But I do wonder if he tweaked a hip or back some. :hugs

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    hope Sca is doing ok:fl

7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca got his Onyx plaque and I got a picture of him with it and a bottle I won in the raffle. He actually held still a long time for this as I had to swap lenses.

He goes in Friday to get looked at and we will go from there based on what the vet thinks.

Attached Files:

8. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois
    Congrats!!! He's such a pretty boy :)

9. Jess041

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Love it! Way to go Sca! You deserve that plaque.. and cookies. Lots of cookies.

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- many cookies:yes: