Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Indiana

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Junebug, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Junebug

Junebug Forums Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    USA
    My name is Beth, and although I've had shelties since highschool I am just now finding this board!

I have some experience with dog training for obedience and agility, getting as far as a CDX on one dog, with training for UD, when I was hospitalized from complications of being hugely pregnant with twins, and my training life was put on hold.

The puppy I bought as my new performance dog in 2002 never got a chance to be anything other than the best family dog I could have asked for. Life has changed, though, and I'm in the waiting period for a puppy I hope to have soon after Thanksgiving.

I wanted to say hello and chat with others in love with shelties, too.

Graeme, my puppy from 2002, suddenly died a little over 2 weeks ago. He was only 11, and I had assumed we'd have more time. I am still stunned, still missing him terribly. When husband and I talked about getting another dog, he was willing to look at other breeds, and at first, I was, too. But the more we looked, the more I realized that I need a sheltie. And so here I am.

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Welcome to the Sheltie Nation! I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your last Sheltie. The thoughts of a new new baby must be healing!

3. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Hi Beth...welcome the forum I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Waiting on a new puppy seems like it takes forever. Furbabies are such fun...especially a Sheltie furbaby.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome! It is always devastating to lose a little loved one and I am so sorry for your sudden loss of Graeme. I know a new pup won't ever "replace" Graeme but he/she will bring joy and laughter...puppy antics cure a lot of pain.

Trini and my gang.

5. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Howdy! Welcome to SN Beth!:biggrin2: Very excited for you about your new soon to be puppy. I know he/she will be a grate joy to you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear about Graeme, prayers, hugs, and happy thoughts sent out to all of you.:hugs

Would love to see pix of you past sheltie(s) and your puppy when he/she comes home.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome. Can't wait to see a new little one bring joy and laughter to you and your family.

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hello Beth, welcome to Sheltie Nation from a fellow (former) Hoosier. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Graema, I lost my Bambi very suddenly 4 years ago, so I can relate to what you must be feeling. I'm sure a new furbaby will be just what you and your husband need to help your healing process. As others stated, we love pictures.

9. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Hello from New Zealand, so sorry over your loss, it hurts so much. Let us know when you get your new furbaby.